Gloom and Doom

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Gotta agree wartknight. Life is too good to watch the news when objectivity is in the eye of the news anchor and their political slant. And we all know that bad news gets viewers a whole lot faster then good news. That's why I watch maybe 10 minutes of news a week tops.

My job is going great, My lovely young bride and I have 3 healthy happy girls and right now everyone is happy and healthy. I figure I have to enjoy it now because if/when something does happen, I'll be pretty ticked off at myself for being a gloom and doomer when I had it good and didn't appreciate it.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
It's a wonderful day outside, great birthday, and I am making some progress at work! :wink:

My spouse is also pretty cool too!

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I have to say things are going ok with me as well. I had a rough spring, but things are getting better.

I'm 28, and I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer on Valentines day this year. I had the problematic family jewel taken out in the middle of March, and I went through Radiation every business day of April. Good news is that I had one of my last follow-ups a couple Fridays ago, and my Oncologist thinks I have the thing beat. I just need to do CT scans every 6 months for a couple years to ensure it doesn't come back.

Even with all the crap going on around us...there is now always a reason for me to celebrate! :)

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Sure I'm paying more for gas than I ever have before, but we were saving nearly half our income before so it doesn't affect our day-to-day things.

I think this bears repeating.

Living within your means is the number one cure for recession or other financial problems.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Myself?

I have a great job, doing something I love, and helping prepare some awesome young men and women for their deployment to combat zones.

My wife is "da bomb" and we love each other very much. My teenage daughters are well-adjusted, and are high-achievers, and we are still very close.

I'm living in a beautiful country and look forward to returning to the US next year.

And we are well on our way to being financially self-sufficient. Despite the gloom and doom....

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bad News: no tomatoes for burgers at MickeyDs and BK.:no:

Good news: Buy better ones local at the farmer's market.:yes:

Bad News: some countries south of the border have been sending salmonella our way.:confused:

Good news: eating tomatoes including pizza is good for your potency....:wink::wink::wink::wink:
capt.d6b9d96002f845d49b8908089b3edf8f.aptopix_tomatoes_salmonella_vttt101.jpg

Last edited: