Girl's HS BB Recruit Tourney Watch

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
Reminds me of this game quite a few years ago with a little more dribbling..."The lowest scoring game in high school history was a girls district tournament game in Iowa between Melvin and Sibley. Final score at the end of regulation game was 0-0. The game went into 4 overtimes and ended with Melvin coming out on top with a final score of 4-2. It will never happen again in history because girls basketball in the state of IA then was played 3 on 3 half court. Now girls high school basketball is played 5 on 5 full court". (From Wikipedia)

It could happen again without a shot clock.
My wife’s sister played in that game for Melvin and had the key steal to win the game. Great memories.

Reactions: farm85

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah I have to go with Miss Iowa BB being slightly more prestigious as the population of Iowa is 3.1 vs 6.8 Million so one-half dozen of one...

Tennessee awards one for each class, so it's more like being named 5A player of the year.
2021 MISS BASKETBALL WINNERS (Tennessee)

Division I Class A

Karly Weathers, Loretto High School

Division I Class AA
Reagan Hurst, Upperman High School

Division I Class AAA
Denae Fritz, Maryville High School

Division II Class A
Jordaynia Ivie, Lakeway Christian

Division II Class AA
Jaloni Cambridge, Ensworth High School

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Tennessee awards one for each class, so it's more like being named 5A player of the year.
My understanding is that Miss Iowa Basketball is voted by Iowa media, not by IGHSAU. I guess Tennessee doesn't have this kind of award but their Gatorade Player of the Year Award, which is the award Emily Ryan won in Kansas in 2018.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Not ISU future recruits related, but Emily Ryan's high school team just won their 7th straight state tournament championship.