Gillispie out at Kentucky?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
He did absolutely nothing with the best scorer in the country, Jodie Meeks. Doesn't surprise me one bit if this is true. He really underachieved in his 2 years.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have a friend that goes to Kentucky and he said a ton of people down there have a strong dislike for him and want him out ASAP. After their home loss to Georgia (i think) he said he thought there was going to be a riot in the parking lot because the fans were so mad.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I have a friend that goes to Kentucky and he said a ton of people down there have a strong dislike for him and want him out ASAP. After their home loss to Georgia (i think) he said he thought there was going to be a riot in the parking lot because the fans were so mad.

:eek:

I'm so glad to have the fans that we do. We're passionate about the team, but not to the level where riots would ensue in the ISC parking lots. Although, it being the middle of winter after most of the home games may help. More incentive to just warm up the car rather than starting fights.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
Even with the $6 million buyout, a basketball program like that will have no problem finding the boosters to flip the bill.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I can only imagine he's already been told he's out. You simply cannot underachieve that much at Kentucky and hope to have a future there. They certainly had more talent on that team than they played against and repeatedly lost to.

Not to mention, he doesn't have a "Kentucky" caliber recruiting class for next year and would be lucky to make the NIT if anybody leaves.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
This story is EPIC FAIL for everyone involved:

1. Kentucky firing Tubby Smith - EPIC FAIL
epic_fail.jpg

2. Gillespie leaving an aTm team he was turning into a national power - EPIC FAIL
funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

3. Kentucky fans for being such royal ******-bags - EPIC FAIL
errormessagesrk3.png

Reactions: CyDude16

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
:eek:

I'm so glad to have the fans that we do. We're passionate about the team, but not to the level where riots would ensue in the ISC parking lots. Although, it being the middle of winter after most of the home games may help. More incentive to just warm up the car rather than starting fights.

Not to mention half of our crowd watches the last 10 minutes from the concourse so they can get out before everyone else. That really cuts down on the parking lot crowds afterwards. :jimlad:

Now I kind of wish Wesley had gone to Kentucky, he'd really be regretting his decision now! Not that I'm bitter or anything.:dull:

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I guess Tubby has received numerous emails from Kentucky fans apologizing for how he was treated at UK.

Help Support Us

Become a patron