Getting Hilton going again

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Football only happens 6 or 7 times.

And, the thing is.....you can still have a lot of fun watching a bad football team, with tailgating and everything. It's a lot more difficult for basketball.

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
One word: tailgating

Football is on Saturday, a time when everyone can come - even out of town folk.

Also, football is once a week while basketball is 2-3 times a week. people cant go to every game.

Another thing, basketball doesnt have tailgaiting, and these days thats about the only reason half the people go to the games.

lastly, some people are too lazy to even walk outside when its -40 windchill.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I wish it was warm in Iowa during the winter. I would love to tailgate before all of the home basketball games.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
yeah, that would be a blast.

oh well, just another thing i envy about southern cal...

FWIW. There is no tail gating at USC games. Lamest atmosphere I've ever been to. UCLA is okay because you party on a golf course before the game, but nothing beats the midwest tailgates. (probably SEC ones as well, but I've never experienced them)

Reactions: cyclonepower02
Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
FWIW. There is no tail gating at USC games. Lamest atmosphere I've ever been to. UCLA is okay because you party on a golf course before the game, but nothing beats the midwest tailgates. (probably SEC ones as well, but I've never experienced them)

wow, cant say i knew that. +1 for you

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Does anyone remember the last time Hilton was not just sold out but actually full?

Ive been to all the games the past 3-4 years and it hasn't happened yet. This weekend would be the perfect time!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't think it's happened since Larry, and it won't happen saturday either.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Some of the midwest locals aren't good tailgates either. Michigan fans tailgate at their homes before going to the games. K-State will confiscate your beer if you tailgate with it by the stadium. :no:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I just bought tix for the KU game. This will be the first game we go to with our 2.5 year old. I hope she likes it so we can go to many more. Getting a sitter for a game sucks.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We should have some promotions. Like the cheerleaders remove an article of clothing with every made 3. That would pack the house.

Okay by me. I think the guys don't wear very many articles of clothing anyway.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
They need to oversell the upperdeck student seating as 'general admission'. Last year it was pretty full, but the upperdeck student seating was pretty much empty.

$15 tickets for the game are still on sale. Should be a fun one! I dont expect a sellout, but the more people that are there the more fun the atmosphere is.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Some of the midwest locals aren't good tailgates either. K-State will confiscate your beer if you tailgate with it by the stadium. :no:

Only if you make it well known that you have beer.