GET READY FOR SATURDAY!!!!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Will be interesting to see what Prohm will do if KU starts killing them in the paint with Lawson and Azubuike. I am guessing THT starts out on Lawson. And I am guessing they follow the gameplan that OU had which was to collapse hard on Azubuike when he gets the ball and make him pass it out. Make them beat you from 3 as they have struggled from 3 except for Vick.

I don't know if CSP will do it......I would just try and run KU off the floor when Azubuike is in the game. He is still coming off an injury and the guy was sucking wind against OU. Do that enough and make Self either slow things down or take him out of the game. Then again.....there is probably a reason I am not a coach.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Im worried how we are going to contain Lawson and Azubuike inside. Lard is going to be picking up fouls at an alarming rate, Jacobson wont provide much resistance either. Solomon could hold his own but Im worried about him being in game shape to play alot of minutes.

Should probably just forfeit.

Bolded is what every single solitary team that KU plays has as a concern.

• Agree
Reactions: KKramer

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'd love to see rim-running Lard in this one. We talk a lot about how hard it will be for us to body up against Azubuike, but he's not fast enough to keep up with an energized Lard on the other end.

If Kansas wants to play us fast in Hilton with our fans going bonkers, I like our chances.

(edit* - @CYEATHAWK posted while I was typing slowly)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't know if CSP will do it......I would just try and run KU off the floor when Azubuike is in the game. He is still coming off an injury and the guy was sucking wind against OU. Do that enough and make Self either slow things down or take him out of the game. Then again.....there is probably a reason I am not a coach.

If I were Self I would try to speed ISU up...they got hurried a bit last night and disjointed.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I would prefer to see some ADIDA$ signs and brutal chants from the crowd.

Remember the Big 8 days (Steve Stipanovich and the gun) - opposing players would catch a lot of flack.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Hack-a-doke is how you deal with Azubuike (good thing we've got 12 guys who can contribute)... Lawson is actually good from FT, though.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We didn't have the student sections as they are now back in these days, and that never stopped us...

These game highlights always remind me of something I absolutely detested about Jayhawk teams back at that time. They always blocked out jump shooters and pushed them off their line or even knocked them to the floor after the shot but never got a foul called for it. Watch the two three pointers by Hoiberg in the first half and tell me how those aren't fouls after the shot. On one of them Hoiberg is pushed three feet off of where he shot and to the floor with the defender standing over his chest. How is that not a foul? Sure, the shot is away, but the shooter has no chance to get a rebound, take another shot off of an offensive rebound and pass or get back to defend when he is knocked on his can.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Im worried how we are going to contain Lawson and Azubuike inside. Lard is going to be picking up fouls at an alarming rate, Jacobson wont provide much resistance either. Solomon could hold his own but Im worried about him being in game shape to play alot of minutes.
Young will be the main guy on Azubuike like always. He is the only guy with the strength to match him. Jacobson will have to put on his hard hat and work a full shift guarding him.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I would prefer to see some ADIDA$ signs and brutal chants from the crowd.

Remember the Big 8 days (Steve Stipanovich and the gun) - opposing players would catch a lot of flack.

Wasn't there talk earlier in the year about showering them with fake cash as they came on the court?

Or bring back the classic Bill Self's wife is on Tinder poster.

Reactions: Go2Guy

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If I were Self I would try to speed ISU up...they got hurried a bit last night and disjointed.
Well if he does that, then more than likely Azubuike is not in the game. And I think our chances only increase with that option.

CycloneAS93

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 31, 2017
Our offense might have been bad at times last night, but think about how many wide open shots we missed.. Make half of those wide open misses and that score looks a lot different. Need Shayok and Wiggy to hit those Saturday (I think they will).

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Hack-a-doke is how you deal with Azubuike
I’ve heard Prohm’s already got Lard on this one.

It’ll be interesting to see if we go much 2 post on Saturday. If we don’t vs. KU I can’t see us doing it vs anyone.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
2qbh8x.jpg