Georgia State game on national TV

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Yeah, I'm about ready to pull the plug on cyclones.tv. 1 FB game and now what looks to be just a couple of MBB games (usually in choppy low def) just doesn't make it financially worth while for me anymore. I don't have time to really take advantage of the other content.

With the demise of the Big 12 OTA network (which broadcast 7 ISU games last year), and now more games moving away from cyclones.tv, I might end up seeing just a handful of MBB games this year (whatever ends up on cyclones.tv and a couple in person). So it goes in the brave new world of college $ports...

Isn't it 2 football games?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
You're doing it wrong. The games have been in good quality HD the past few seasons.

I'm not doing anything wrong. Lot's of buffering and throttling of the stream, experienced by others as well. Be thankful it works well for you.

Last edited:

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
List of ISU's opponents this year with more talented backcourts:

Kansas
Georgia State
(end of list)

(Kansas State, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, I think, are pretty close, with Arkansas and Texas maybe a small step back)

razorbackinkc

Aug 21, 2014
Kansas City, MO
The South Carolina game is in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The Drake game is on a neutral court in Des Moines. Better chance the Drake game doesn't get picked up by anything other than CyclonesTV.

Do you know who the "home team" is?

The SEC Network is airing every SEC team's home game that's not otherwise picked up if I'm not mistaken.

May not apply to noncon or neutral site games though I guess.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Yeah, I'm about ready to pull the plug on cyclones.tv. 1 FB game and now what looks to be just a couple of MBB games (usually in choppy low def) just doesn't make it financially worth while for me anymore. I don't have time to really take advantage of the other content.

With the demise of the Big 12 OTA network (which broadcast 7 ISU games last year), and now more games moving away from cyclones.tv, I might end up seeing just a handful of MBB games this year (whatever ends up on cyclones.tv and a couple in person). So it goes in the brave new world of college $ports...

But if that $10 gets you $1 of value, it's not worth it.

I'm seeing less value all the time. I'm pretty much ready to cut it myself.

I got 4 basketball games for $10 in November last year which I was quite happy with. I'm sure I'd subscribe to cyclones.tv for Nov and/or December for 3 games per month. If 2 games, I'll probably sign up 30 min before tip-off of the 1st game of the month.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Speaking as a cable-cutter (who I know are the minority), this isn't really great news, because it probably takes away a game that would have been on cyclones.tv.

Speak for yourself. National exposure by having games broadcasted on ESPN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> games on cyclones.tv to appease the minority of cable-cutters.