Georges Niang in 2014-2015

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a down year in stats even though he should be a better player. We will have more height and talent in the SF/PF/C position next year. He could lose minutes or shots/game.

Call me skeptical but we heard this about Mel from his freshman year onward. Beyond being able to get more rest and not having to play through foul trouble, I don't see there being much difference in how Fred uses The Closer.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
With a broken foot there's not much else to do but crank out miles on an exercise bike or swim, both of which will burn of the calories pretty easily.

It's much easier to lay around and eat with a broken foot than a healthy foot.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
So I assume georges meta tarsel has healed properly and all is well? Havnt heard much since the surgery. He surely is going 100% now

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
With McKay, Edozie's potential development, plus 7-footer that can give you some spot minutes, maybe they're thinking Georges will be on the floor with McKay a fair amount, which could have him defending the 4 more.
I approve of this

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Don't forget Hogue. I hope that guy can keep playing like he did in New York

Yeah, I put Hogue in at first when I wrote that then took him out cause it felt like I was just listing most of the team. Hogue and Niang would be my two bets for most likely to repeat last year's stats among main guys. I bet Niang's %'s go up and his counting stats remain similar.

I'm not sure there are that many unknowns, at least to the coaches. We have BDJ, McKay and Nader coming in and we (or at least the coaches) pretty much know what they bring. Custer, GT and development of guys like MT and Edozie are sort of wildcards, but we have a solid base to work with.

I'm counting anyone who hasn't played in the Big 12 for Iowa State as somewhat of an unknown. Some (Custer, GT) more than others (BDJ, Nader), of course.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@TravisHines21: Georges Niang (foot) will miss the first 2 weeks of the Capital City League as a precaution, ISU spokesperson tells Ames Trib.

@TravisHines21: Niang, though, is still on target to participate in the Nike big man camp later this month. Then will play in summer league.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
@TravisHines21: Georges Niang (foot) will miss the first 2 weeks of the Capital City League as a precaution, ISU spokesperson tells Ames Trib.

@TravisHines21: Niang, though, is still on target to participate in the Nike big man camp later this month. Then will play in summer league.

That's good. I'd much rather they be cautious with it.

GeorgesFan

Jul 18, 2011

It is both funny and sad that I have to get my updates from cyclone fanatic. This is news to me!

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
It is both funny and sad that I have to get my updates from cyclone fanatic. This is news to me!

It's apparently news to your son as well!

From Niang's twitter

@TravisHines21 haha who's tellin you this information

@GeorgesNiang20 Is it not true?

@TravisHines21 I wasn't informed of it

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It's apparently news to your son as well!

From Niang's twitter

@TravisHines21 haha who's tellin you this information

@GeorgesNiang20 Is it not true?

@TravisHines21 I wasn't informed of it

They just repeated the story on WOI Channel 5 late news.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
georges-niang.jpg

Gotta love the Bloody-Niang pic. Classic. Eat it KU.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Jeff Goodman said that Georges isn't a terrific athlete....

I think the 'not a great athlete' references to Georges is getting a little worn. You don't become a D-1 basketball AA candidate without being a great athlete. We're not talking golf here.

Last edited: