Georges Niang in 2014-2015

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
Georges is listed as a First Team All-American by Jeff Goodman with ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...ly-all-american-candidates-college-basketball

(Insider Article)

Listed as a First Team All-American with: Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Jahlil Okafor (Duke), Caris LeVert (Michigan), and Marcus Paige (UNC).

Jeff Goodman said that Georges isn't a terrific athlete, but Niang does everything well. Can score, pass, and has a high basketball IQ. He will be the man for Hoiberg next season.

Really hoping that Jeff is right. Hope that Niang steps up big with Kane and Ejim graduating.

Firefighter4Cy

Oct 23, 2012
Ankeny
He is smart enough to understand what his role is next season. He has to be a leader and I know he will step up and do great things.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
Maybe I am drinking too much Koolaid, but I think he is going to win National Championship before he graduates.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Maybe I am drinking too much Koolaid, but I think he is going to win National Championship before he graduates.

Maybe a little Kool-Aid, but its actually pretty realistic. He was close(ish) this year before the foot injury. We are a national championship CALIBER team with him at full health. I expect even more out of him next year.

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
Iowa St is going to be a nightmare matchup for any teams next year, Niang, McKay, Hogue and Nader all could go off any night

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Georges is listed as a First Team All-American by Jeff Goodman with ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...ly-all-american-candidates-college-basketball

(Insider Article)

Listed as a First Team All-American with: Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Jahlil Okafor (Duke), Caris LeVert (Michigan), and Marcus Paige (UNC).

Jeff Goodman said that Georges isn't a terrific athlete, but Niang does everything well. Can score, pass, and has a high basketball IQ. He will be the man for Hoiberg next season.

Really hoping that Jeff is right. Hope that Niang steps up big with Kane and Ejim graduating.

I saw the article and my first thought well of course he should be on that list. That is a testiment to Georges and how he played this year. I fully expect Georges to dominate next year.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I think he'll average around 20 pts a game. Having a legit 5 in McKay should really help him out on both sides of the ball.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Remember at the beginning of the season when some people thought Niang was having a sophomore slump? (The 4 points in the Auburn game before fouling out).

He's going to be the man next year. This is his team now.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Iowa St is going to be a nightmare matchup for any teams next year, Niang, McKay, Hogue and Nader all could go off any night

The scary thing is, those guys could all be on the floor at the same time...Georges is pry the 2 in that lineup haha. How do you guard those guys?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I've been thinking this for a long time, but he reminds me of a guy who played for Villanova in the 80's.

Kind of a slower wide body that had some moves and could score.

I couldn't remember his name and it's been nagging me for a while.

I finally did some digging. John Pinone.