Geniuses at Rag pick state's top players...

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
In case nobody noticed, the only team where Gatens even got a mention was on the fans' team. None of the writers picked him, or even mentioned him as a second-place finisher. What this means: Iowa has more fans who voted. That also explains Cartwright's presence on the fans' team, since people didn't really have the benefit of seeing his improved play, unlike the writers.

That said, after White at the 5 and McGee as the 6th man, ISU didn't have any players that were clear-cut favorites. You could make a case for just about any of their players, but none were "WTF!!!!" snubs.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Royce White isn't a Center, he's a forward. Percy Gibson and Jordan Railey are the only guys on the team who actually play Center. Does everyone suck that much at the Center position that they had to put Royce White there?

Pretty much. The best big men for Iowa, ISU, and UNI are all power forwards. Hell, Iowa doesn't even have a true center in the starting lineup. Basabe jumps and we basically play with two 4's, McCabe being the other.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Pretty much. The best big men for Iowa, ISU, and UNI are all power forwards. Hell, Iowa doesn't even have a true center in the starting lineup. Basabe jumps and we basically play with two 4's, McCabe being the other.

It's funny how there isn't a true center among 4 teams, and ISU doesn't have a true point guard candidate for a poll like that.

H

Hugs4ISU

Rag's biggest mistake here is that it is simply way too early for this. Conference season has barely begun for all teams, and most teams won't peak in individual or team performance for another month or more.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Rag's biggest mistake here is that it is simply way too early for this. Conference season has barely begun for all teams, and most teams won't peak in individual or team performance for another month or more.

Agree with this. They should have waited until all teams were at least halfway through their conference seasons to open up voting. We'll know a lot more about all players by that time. But hey, the Rag must have been desperate for content.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
In case nobody noticed, the only team where Gatens even got a mention was on the fans' team. None of the writers picked him, or even mentioned him as a second-place finisher. What this means: Iowa has more fans who voted. That also explains Cartwright's presence on the fans' team, since people didn't really have the benefit of seeing his improved play, unlike the writers.

That said, after White at the 5 and McGee as the 6th man, ISU didn't have any players that were clear-cut favorites. You could make a case for just about any of their players, but none were "WTF!!!!" snubs.

But TM! It's so much easier to ***** out about something instead of actually researching what you're ******** about!

Personally, I couldn't care less what some hack writer says about my team. I watch the team, and am familiar with them. The writers probably aren't nearly as familiar with the team. I will trust my judgment more than theirs. People on this site get way too bent out of shape over the smallest of slights. Lighten up people. Take pride in the fact that ISU just stomped A&M on their home court. That's what's important. Not some rag writer's opinion.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
People don't realize how well he defends. He guards the top guy every night. Stuff that doesn't show up in the box score.

Babb is one of those guys whose contributions are mostly lost on the general public. The guy works hard every night; whether his shots are falling or not. They probably remember that he drained a couple of long range 3's; they don't remember that he busted his *** playing D every second he was in the game. I'm sure Fred realizes what a great job Babb does though.