General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Damn that's a really interesting interview. There isn't coach speech in it.
Very interesting how he points out that the guys in the room and that are coming in all got that "dog" in them where they won't stop. Pretty funny that he comes out and says right away him and St. John just would go at it in practice. Sort of reminds me of the one interview Casey and Paniro who both told slightly different outcomes of their scraps and how they would just go at it again and again and wouldn't stop.

Metcalf somewhere in that interview mentioned he could just tell in a guy that's got that look in their eye. Knowing they can beat that guy across from them. Rewatched the end of Casey's match when he turned away you see he clinched his face and had a look in his eye of I'm never letting that **** happen again period I'm winning the next time and the next time and the next time.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Whatever happened to Jeremiah Kent of Mizzou?

He had Marcus’ number last year, and I see he is not listed on Mizzou’s roster for this year. Was listed as a RS So last year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Did we ever figure out why Lovett is taking a RS year?

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Did Lovett back out? Parco is #1 seed in brackets.

Side note: It's disappointing looking through these brackets. I remember when winning Midlands was a big deal. There are some very average kids going to be wrestling in the finals. Only matches that peaked my interest are 125 bottom side/finals (Barnett walks into finals on the top), 149 finals and 165 bottom side/finals.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016

Side note: It's disappointing looking through these brackets. I remember when winning Midlands was a big deal. There are some very average kids going to be wrestling in the finals. Only matches that peaked my interest are 125 bottom side/finals (Barnett walks into finals on the top), 149 finals and 165 bottom side/finals.
Gomez (149) isn't there either.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Getting the 2 or 3 come NCAA time for Paniro is gonna be huge. He needs to continue keeping the hammer down and maybe see Gomez in the Semis instead of Yanni.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008

Agreed on the disappointing brackets.

One other interesting thing I noticed, is Quincy Monday wrestling up at 165. He and Hamati should have a good match in the finals.

• Informative
Reactions: CyGold and matclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Agreed on the disappointing brackets.

One other interesting thing I noticed, is Quincy Monday wrestling up at 165. He and Hamati should have a good match in the finals.
Wonder if that’s a thing moving forward. Seems like he would want to stay at 157 for a shot at the title. I don’t know if he gets past Hall though.