General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
So we're going with a Cass pin to make it 20-20?

Tiebreak Criteria:
1. Most wins (5-5)
2. Most "6-point" wins [fall, forfeit, default, DQ] (1-1)
3. Total match points from Dec/MD/TF
Iowa (38) - Lee 18, Woods 4, Murin 4, Siebrecht 2, Kennedy 2, Brands 1, Rhodes 7, Warner 0
PSU (34) - Vespa 2, Bartlett 1, Van Ness 1, Haines 3, Facundo 1, Starocci 2, Brooks 22, Dean 2

It wasn't necessary to keep going, but the rest of the criteria are:
4. Total NF points from Dec/MD/TF (Iowa 16-4)
5. Total takedowns from Dec/MD/TF (PSU 11-2)
6. Least number of unsportsmanlike calls (0-0)
7. First takedown of the dual (PSU: Vespa)

Man it would’ve been fun if it came down to the 7th criteria and they lost on that

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Iowa only had 2 takedowns the entire dual. 2 takedowns in 10 matches. One by Woods and one by Murin. Lee got taken down, then reversed and tilted his way to a TF.

This was supposed to be a record breaking dual on terms of viewership, and there was hardly any offense. 2 takedowns in 10 total matches is embarrassing.
Wow I didn’t notice that live. 2 takedowns.. total… in 10 matches. For the #2 ranked team in the nation.

Reactions: enisthemenace

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
2 takedowns in the dual, yet Hawk fans will still claim that all PSU does is stall.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Tate is getting closer to Gabe. Lost in tie breakers last weekend
And Tate got screwed , still had Arnold’s leg when they gave Arnold a reversal with only a few seconds left in the period then Arnold gave him the escape in the next 30 and stalled it out . Arnold just kept the head and shoved all match .

• Agree
Reactions: CyCity and stuclone

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Calling a two time national champion overrated is different than just confidence haha.
Each to their own. Carter did it with Dake and JB. Can't be sniffing on the greats jock if you are setting out to beat them.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Carter went to a program where wrestlers develop into champions and they can back up the talk. Big difference.
Like I said each to their own. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not going to sit here and act like I would be off put by one of our high recruits making some hype for themselves.

Edit: also should note this is how it's going to be going forward whether people like it our not. These guys are out to make a name for themselves, they are out to get people to notice them...NIL.

• Agree
Reactions: Sturge34 and CyGold

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Some upsets
Ramirez of Cornell beat #3 Q Monday at 165
Foy of Minny beat Warner of Iowa at 197
Dugan of Princeton beat Loew of Cornell at 184
Schwartz of OU with another big win over Hart #7 of Mizz at 141

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018
I will be shocked if Gabe Arnold ever sniffs an NCAA title. Solid wrestler but just doesm't have the top game, leg attacks, physical gifts, or gas tank to be at the top of the mountain. I have watched Carter Star and this kid is no Carter Star.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I will be shocked if Gabe Arnold ever sniffs an NCAA title. Solid wrestler but just doesm't have the top game, leg attacks, physical gifts, or gas tank to be at the top of the mountain. I have watched Carter Star and this kid is no Carter Star.
I think he could definitely be a contender. Gabe is a great HS wrestler and I love it that he's moved to Iowa and we get to see his battles with Naak. Gabe looks college ready and mature right now. I also know he's beaten Naak the last couple times. However I wouldn't swap them as recruits because I like how Naak projects. I think Naak has a higher ceiling and a more wide open style and I like his length. Then again that's me seeing it through my cardinal and gold glasses.

• Winner
Reactions: Gantry and ISU22CY