MLB: ****General Discussion Thread - Baseball Season 2019****

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And Paxton has to leave after three with a gimpy knee tonight. Going to offer some rum and cigars to Jobu. This is getting ridiculous.

D4sbQ1rUYAEXR4y.jpg

I offered up wine and ice cream to Jobu last night and he has answered me. Miguel Andújar is coming OFF the IL to day! :eek: Back to 50% of the projected opening day lineup. Yay!

Looks like 70% to 80% by All-Star break. Judge and Severino aren't seeing the field till after the break.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I offered up wine and ice cream to Jobu last night and he has answered me. Miguel Andújar is coming OFF the IL to day! :eek: Back to 50% of the projected opening day lineup. Yay!

Looks like 70% to 80% by All-Star break. Judge and Severino aren't seeing the field till after the break.

And Paxton goes on the the IL. :(

Jobu played me. **** you Jobu! :mad:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
And Paxton goes on the the IL. :(

Jobu played me. **** you Jobu! :mad:
Out of curiosity, do you know if there have been any recent personnel changes as far as the trainers, S&C coaches, etc. ? Not saying there is something more to all the injuries other than bad luck, just curious.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Out of curiosity, do you know if there have been any recent personnel changes as far as the trainers, S&C coaches, etc. ? Not saying there is something more to all the injuries other than bad luck, just curious.

No changes. Lot's of muscle pulls but also some just bad like Montgomery and DiDi's Tommy John's for the long term injuries. Frazier sprained an ankle. Andujar torn a shoulder muscle sliding into a base.

Lot of fan forum comments on conditioning but I am not really buying it. Conditioning and stretching etc might be suspect on a couple of the "strains" but not for others like Serverino's rotator cuff and Betances shoulder. That's just stuff than happens to pitchers.

Reactions: cyclone101

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Shohei Ohtani was just activated off the IL and is batting 3rd tonight in his season debut.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Karma is finally catching up to the Yankees and their fans.

• Dislike
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Good night for Bay Area teams: San Francisco found their offense in Denver (sorry, Rulzzz!) and won 12-4. Weather looks terrible for the next two days in Denver - we'll see if they get any more of this series played as scheduled.

Oakland pitcher Mike Fiers had a no-no against Cincinnati, the second of his career and 13th in A's history. The game in Oakland didn't start until 8:45 Pacific time because of some lighting issues in the Coliseum.

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Odorizzi with five straight wins and an ERA of less than 1 in those games. Twins continue to with best record in baseball and the top hitters for average and HR in the league. Accumulating believers.

Reactions: SCyclone

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Will be in interesting to see how today's doubleheader goes. Winning both would be awesome but, the pitching worries me a bit......we'll see

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Will be interesting to see what happens with Craig Kimbrel and Dallas Keuchel after June 2nd when teams can sign them without losing a draft pick. Of course neither was worth what they were initially asking so it remains to be seen if they get realistic. Or if the market has changed for good for the stars that aren't Harper or Machado level.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Will be interesting to see what happens with Craig Kimbrel and Dallas Keuchel after June 2nd when teams can sign them without losing a draft pick. Of course neither was worth what they were initially asking so it remains to be seen if they get realistic. Or if the market has changed for good for the stars that aren't Harper or Machado level.
Harper is not God, and has never been God (except maybe on ESPN). He may think he's God, but he's just a pretty good power hitter with a head of hair--no more. There are other good power hitters in his league, and the other league.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Good night for Bay Area teams: San Francisco found their offense in Denver (sorry, Rulzzz!) and won 12-4. Weather looks terrible for the next two days in Denver - we'll see if they get any more of this series played as scheduled.

Oakland pitcher Mike Fiers had a no-no against Cincinnati, the second of his career and 13th in A's history. The game in Oakland didn't start until 8:45 Pacific time because of some lighting issues in the Coliseum.

Thank God at least one of those games was ppd. We just can't beat you guys. :(

Reactions: Buster28

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Thank God at least one of those games was ppd. We just can't beat you guys. :(

Still many, many games to play between our teams! You can always rely on our relief pitching to let teams back into ANY game. Well, at least since 2016, anyway. :p

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron