Gene Chizik stepped down at Carolina and stepped back in.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Sounds like they probably didn't want to uproot family when kids are in/almost in HS. Some coaches/families do it (make the move), many wait until they're at a less "turning point" phase of a kid's life and end up doing the split family deal for a while. Friends who are in coaching or married to a coach in college athletics dread the trickle-down family impacts of coaching changes.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Sounds like they probably didn't want to uproot family when kids are in/almost in HS. Some coaches/families do it (make the move), many wait until they're at a less "turning point" phase of a kid's life and end up doing the split family deal for a while. Friends who are in coaching or married to a coach in college athletics dread the trickle-down family impacts of coaching changes.

I've got 5 former teammates coaching in the pros or college ranks. It's not a life for me. One of my best friends has a son in 3rd grade. He just started his 3rd elementary this January as he took another job 2 years after his last. It's tough for the ones that have families.

Another one is still single and has jumped around the NFL and CFL the last 10 years. Being a young NFL coach means you get residual groupies. I always tease him he's photoshopping himself in photos because he couldn't even come close to pulling that level of talent in college so why should he at 38!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why and how did the coins come about? Google doesn't show much for origins.

I just can't remember.

And is there a worse thing promotionally that ISU has done for something that hasn't even happened?

Their best reason for existence has been for punchlines.

Reactions: ironsam

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

I just can't remember.

And is there a worse thing promotionally that ISU has done for something that hasn't even happened?

It seems to me a local Ames bank had the coins and it was to commemorate Gene Chizik's "historic" inaugural season.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It seems to me a local Ames bank had the coins and it was to commemorate Gene Chizik's "historic" inaugural season.

Wonder how much Chizik had a hand in setting that up.

I recall Steve Alford being rumored to expect the products to be given to him for free if he advertised them locally...I see both as very similar and don't mind when they fail.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
A weak Chizik coin drives up commodities like Clone Cones but drives down pretzels and nachos. Its a trade off. Its too early to tell if a strong Chizik coin is even a possibility.

I think you really need to coinsult a general or something about weak or strong Chiz coin's effect on concession strengths.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I just can't remember.

Did Cyclonepride buy one? Yep.

Why? No idea.

Does Cyclonepride still have it? Yep

Does Cyclonepride know where it is? No idea.

Why is Cyclonepride posting in the third person? No idea.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Am I getting senile or did Auburn produce a Chiz towel (yeah, I know those aren't mutually exclusive)?