Gary Barta everybody

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I thought it was reported that 4 people filed officially.

This story is over. If anything had happened other than the band trying to mock ISU with their march through the crowd and trying to break into the football facility for another round of the fight song and “In heaven there is no beer”, the U of I administration could have gathered all the info they needed at band practice the Monday after the game. By waiting 2 weeks to file a report, and only after they were accurately called out for being the instigator, it makes it seem like they are manufacturing events to fit their narrative. Add Band-gate to Theft-gate, to the Gary Dolphin PR disasters, and all the other inept events over Barta’s tenure. And put Bruce Harreld in the Sally Mason category of people entirely unqualified to be a university president who are significantly in over their head.

I don’t know what the Board of Regents has against the University of Iowa, but I don’t think they’ve had a good president since Hunter Rawlings.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I thought it was reported that 4 people filed officially.
And if they did, great. This is what they should have done in the first place rather than go to Barta who used the situation too throw ISU's entire fanbase and athletic department under the bus. Because of the PR **** storm the UI AD and the band members created by waiting 2 weeks to do an official police report, they may never find the individuals who did the alleged incidents.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And if they did, great. This is what they should have done in the first place rather than go to Barta who used the situation too throw ISU's entire fanbase and athletic department under the bus. Because of the PR **** storm the UI AD and the band members created by waiting 2 weeks to do an official police report, they may never find the individuals who did the alleged incidents.
Totally agree. There's been enough incidents in the past to warrant everything being done by the book now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Saw this elsewhere. Takes a special kind of something-or-other to wear the jersey you wore at the school you just left early...where you were rumored to be unhappy...
Not sure if he was unhappy or if he was simply not a great student. Not saying dumb by any means. Kinda like BDJ

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Grand jury selections have been called for 2 of the 4 cases.

2 other cases against ISU have been moved to The Hague.

fe1.png

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Saw this elsewhere. Takes a special kind of something-or-other to wear the jersey you wore at the school you just left early...where you were rumored to be unhappy...
The only rumors of him being unhappy were on here. ;)

Seriously, haven't heard him say anything that would give credence to that.....just wanted to go pro.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It’s pretty much a doosh move wearing your jersey post- college no matter the circumstances. He took a beating on Twitter.