Game Watch - Minneapolis, MN

IowaStateFan1408

Sep 2, 2021
Hello,
My family and I currently live in Minneapolis. We are looking for a game watch party sports bar to watch Iowa State games at. Does anyone know of any places? We were going to a place (Joe Sensors), but it closed down during COVID. Anyone have any insight? Thanks for your time and help in advance.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Hello,
My family and I currently live in Minneapolis. We are looking for a game watch party sports bar to watch Iowa State games at. Does anyone know of any places? We were going to a place (Joe Sensors), but it closed down during COVID. Anyone have any insight? Thanks for your time and help in advance.
@BoxsterCy - Can you help these people out?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Game Watch planned for Darby’s.

join the TC Alumni on group on Facebook. They post this type of info Regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkStar

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Does Manning's near the U still show games? I used to go there a lot in the 90s.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For the Iowa game the official gamewatch party will be Darby's with a pre-game tailgate on the deck starting at 1:30.

A few other sites will have the game up, from the FB event announcement:

Let's Go State! We have some Game Watch Locations for you. Here are the details:

* Darby's Downtown Minneapolis - will have giveaways and specials. Hosted Iowa State Alumni of Twin Cities

Other locations will be showing the game with sound. We encourage you to make reservations:

*Park Tavern - St. Louis Park: Game will be in their main restaurant. Call 952-929-6810 or go to www.parktavern.net to make a reservation.
* Fitz's Bar & Grill - Eagan: Call 651-452-7520 for reservations.
* Excelsior American Legion: Iowa v ISU Friendly Game Watch. Hosted by a member of each alumni club. Contact Michelle Ahrens for more details on this location. [email protected]

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Darby's is a great place to catch a game watch. Just a short walk from the light rail.

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
For the Iowa game the official gamewatch party will be Darby's with a pre-game tailgate on the deck starting at 1:30.

Let's Go State! We have some Game Watch Locations for you. Here are the details:

* Darby's Downtown Minneapolis - will have giveaways and specials. Hosted Iowa State Alumni of Twin Cities

Other locations will be showing the game with sound. We encourage you to make reservations:

*Park Tavern - St. Louis Park: Game will be in their main restaurant. Call 952-929-6810 or go to www.parktavern.net to make a reservation.
* Excelsior American Legion: Iowa v ISU Friendly Game Watch. Hosted by a member of each alumni club. Contact Michelle Ahrens for more details on this location. [email protected]

Park Tavern has always been a great place to watch a game. FYI - they are open for football on Christmas and they are one of the only ones. L'Chaim!!!

IowaStateFan1408

Sep 2, 2021
Game Watch planned for Darby’s.

join the TC Alumni on group on Facebook. They post this type of info Regularly.

Thank you so much for that information. I really appreciate it. This is very helpful!