Game of Thrones Season 8

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Still a lot to wrap up in one episode. This one was crazy and Clegane bowl was bad ass but I can't help but feel a little disappointed in Cersei's death, too easy. I really wanted Arya to take down Dany in this one to be honest.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Going mad or just flat out pissed? I find no fault with that effort other then I would have blasted the keep REALLY soon after breaching the wall... And it sends a message that she will be a kinder, gentler ruler and if you can't see her compassion, you must perish.
Uh... she slaughtered thousands of civilians. AFTER the city surrendered. She's mad.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Going mad or just flat out pissed? I find no fault with that effort other then I would have blasted the keep REALLY soon after breaching the wall... And it sends a message that she will be a kinder, gentler ruler and if you can't see her compassion, you must perish.

There was absolutely NO reason for her to have done what she had done. The Lannister army had surrendered. The Greyjoy fleet was defeated. Cersei was a dead woman hiding in the Red Keep. She had won. Then she turned her dragon on the innocents of King's Landing.

Defend her all you want. Doesn't change the fact she's mad.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It’s just such a bummer. Bravo to Emilia Clark on being an amazing actor this season. Of course Arya survives 5 near death experiences. I am glad I read the leak and had a week to come to terms with the writers making Dany go from one person over 7 seasons and become someone who knowingly burns children without remorse. And to top it off, Jaimes arc was **** and those two **** stains get to die in each other’s arms. Clegane Bowl was everything and the assault on King Landing defenses was ******* awesome.
RIP the Real Dany, in comes the Mad Queen for a few minutes before the obvious conclusion. I still don’t see how this is a bitter sweet ending but whatever

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It’s just such a bummer. Bravo to Emilia Clark on being an amazing actor this season. Of course Arya survives 5 near death experiences. I am glad I read the leak and had a week to come to terms with the writers making Dany go from one person over 7 seasons and become someone who knowingly burns children without remorse. And to top it off, Jaimes arc was **** and those two **** stains get to die in each other’s arms. Clegane Bowl was everything and the assault on King Landing defenses was ******* awesome.
RIP the Real Dany, in comes the Mad Queen for a few minutes before the obvious conclusion. I still don’t see how this is a bitter sweet ending but whatever

The person many rooted for for 95% of the series has become the villain.

Pretty much the definition of bittersweet

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I agree with a lot of what you say. I'm happy that Arya survived, but yeah - 5 near-death experiences?

I was just waiting for Jaime to end Cersei, and it never happened. Thanks for flushing about 3 seasons worth of character development down the toilet. And Jaime and Cersei (assumed) dying by the Red Keep collapsing on them? Wholly unsatisfying. Makes me hope Al's prediction that they're not dead is true so they can be properly dealt with next week.

The bittersweet ending is next week when Jon has to kill the second love of his life, Dany. Whether he takes the throne or passes it onto Gendry Baratheon, it's supposedly a "bittersweet feel-good" moment.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There was absolutely NO reason for her to have done what she had done. The Lannister army had surrendered. The Greyjoy fleet was defeated. Cersei was a dead woman hiding in the Red Keep. She had won. Then she turned her dragon on the innocents of King's Landing.

Defend her all you want. Doesn't change the fact she's mad.

She is, and its ******* stupid. Completely massive random character change they rushed on her this season. There would be ways to pull off the 'mad queen' arc, and i think they massively failed at it.

Like... id get burning the red keep. But somehow Dany gets triggered by bells and the character who the whole way along has been the breaker of chains and saving civilians left and right is now indiscriminately burning a city? Not just collateral damage but just burning fleeing people? Yeah, ok. I dont buy it whatsoever in her character.

There's a reason Emilia Clarke seemed disappointed in her interviews. They destroyed 7 seasons of her character to rush a shock twist.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
My expectations were just way too high for this season. I was expecting the twists to be dialed up to 100 and so far I feel a little let down. Week 3 was great and I didn't mind the set up episodes before and after but add them in with this week knowing one episode is left and it just isn't enough for me. The battle was cool but I feel like Dany going Mad was the obvious and they turned a battle episode into a set up for the finale. They killed some key people and spent 60 min emphasizing how crazy Dany went. I am pretty much passing judgment on this season based on this last episode.