Game of Thrones Season 7

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Looks like the ole' Westeros jet pack/speed boat is coming out of the closet. Jon and Davos show up in Dragonstone in next episode. Oh well, not too many episodes left, got to keep it moving....

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Looks like the ole' Westeros jet pack/speed boat is coming out of the closet. Jon and Davos show up in Dragonstone in next episode. Oh well, not too many episodes left, got to keep it moving....
Yeah timeline is not a worry at this point for the showrunners. It is probably best to just assume the "travel time" for characters is no-longer a thing. In previous seasons there was enough storylines where you could not touch a story for 2 episodes and noone would ask any questions. But if Jon and Davos were to be missing for an entire episode because they were "travelling" this late in the series, there is no way they could wrap it up into their final 11 episodes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah timeline is not a worry at this point for the showrunners. It is probably best to just assume the "travel time" for characters is no-longer a thing. In previous seasons there was enough storylines where you could not touch a story for 2 episodes and noone would ask any questions. But if Jon and Davos were to be missing for an entire episode because they were "travelling" this late in the series, there is no way they could wrap it up into their final 11 episodes.
Except for the White Walkers and their army :) Jon will have enough time to mine and fashion dragonstone into weapons before they reach the wall.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Yeah timeline is not a worry at this point for the showrunners. It is probably best to just assume the "travel time" for characters is no-longer a thing
And I'm totally okay with it. I've committed so much time to this series I want to know how it ends. I don't need more time travel filler at this point unless it is more Missandei scenes.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Except for the White Walkers and their army :) Jon will have enough time to mine and fashion dragonstone into weapons before they reach the wall.
I knew that would be the next argument haha joking or not. White walkers have been walking an inch a minute since season 1, wouldn't expect it to change any time soon haha

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I knew that would be the next argument haha joking or not. White walkers have been walking an inch a minute since season 1, wouldn't expect it to change any time soon haha
Yeah I am totally fine with the fast "time travel" to keep things moving. I just find it funny how slow that army is moving. Like others have said they have a lot to wrap up so I don't think about the timing of things too much.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Thinking about the show vs book (potential) differences, do you think the Euron battle will be vs fAeogn/Connington/Adrienne (and fAegon and Arienne are the trophies while Connington gets to the Citadel to be treated) or Euron turns on Vic (or vice-versa) and have a battle of the Greyjoys after Vic brings over Dany)?

i wonder if/how Theon even gets to Dragonstone in the book.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So I just watched a re-run of last night's episode, in particular the final scene, and Euron reminded me of a video game boss character at the end of a level that you have to defeat before you can move on, complete with the "boss" background music and an ominous entrance (which was admittedly pretty cool). Even after taking a few whip blasts and spear cuts and slashes from the Sand Snakes, he still triumphed in the end. All he needed was a power meter in the top right corner of the TV screen to fully complete the video game comparison.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
So I just watched a re-run of last night's episode, in particular the final scene, and Euron reminded me of a video game boss character at the end of a level that you have to defeat before you can move on, complete with the "boss" background music and an ominous entrance (which was admittedly pretty cool). Even after taking a few whip blasts and spear cuts and slashes from the Sand Snakes, he still triumphed in the end. All he needed was a power meter in the top right corner of the TV screen to fully complete the video game comparison.

Him, the Mountain, the Hound, and Tormund. Basically impervious to cuts, germs, and infection.

• Funny
Reactions: State43