Game of Thrones Season 7

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I just want to digress for a minute here - Euron was a little bit of a cartoon in the books, but last night in the battle scene was just ridiculous. We get it, he's vicious. We get it, he's a great warrior. But that whole battle scene was hard to watch with all of the cuts and the darkness and the like. I mean, I get that it was brutal, but just the editing and he's over-the-top behavior was just annoying to me. Look at a scene like Hardhome or Blackwater - they are such better scenes. It felt phoned in just to give the people some gore and boobs in the same episode.

As I watched it, I had the same feeling. But then I realized this was an easy battle for GoT to save some money. Make it look grand in scale, but actually fairly limited by being in the dark.

I guess I cannot blame them. Hard to expect them to basically give us major motion picture battles in every episode.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Theon saving Sansa, and then Pod was his redemption.
Agreed, and I think (probably giving Theon too much credit) that his move, albeit it did have something to do with he PTSD, of sorts, was a strategic one. As mentioned earlier by some, if he would have tried to save Yara, the outcomes would have only been One or both die, or one or both get captured. By him abandoning her, and remaining alive, there is a side that has a rightful claim to the Seastone Chair.

Again, I could be giving Theon too much credit, but I don't think that is just Theon resorting back to Reek.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Are we 100% sure that is Nymeria? Arya says "That's not you" so is that Nymeria but different than when we saw her last or is it really not her? There has to be more than just two direwolves left in the world, right? If no, they need to get Nymeria and Ghost together to create more.

Yes. If not, it would be the worst scene ever.

Game of Thrones is not Lost. They are not trying to be clever and trick the viewers.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
You and I are of a very similar mind when it comes to the Dorne storyline and I could not have written it any better myself.

Has there ever been an explanation as to why Arianne was written out of the show? Huge mistake by the Powers that Be in my humble opinion. Doomed the Dorne storyline from the start.

Pretty obvious why. Many many characters already, and HBO didn't want to make the same mistake Martin did and introduce a whole ton of new characters in Season 5 (Book 4 and 5). So they gave the Dorne revolution lead to an already established character that fans associated with Dorne.

Not to mention that the person she is going to play a big role with by meeting in the books was also written out of the show, for good reasons.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Agreed, and I think (probably giving Theon too much credit) that his move, albeit it did have something to do with he PTSD, of sorts, was a strategic one. As mentioned earlier by some, if he would have tried to save Yara, the outcomes would have only been One or both die, or one or both get captured. By him abandoning her, and remaining alive, there is a side that has a rightful claim to the Seastone Chair.

Again, I could be giving Theon too much credit, but I don't think that is just Theon resorting back to Reek.

I still think it's another layer in his overall arc, otherwise why keep him around? There has to be an end game there and I think we will find out there was some strategy behind what he did last night.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
As I watched it, I had the same feeling. But then I realized this was an easy battle for GoT to save some money. Make it look grand in scale, but actually fairly limited by being in the dark.

I guess I cannot blame them. Hard to expect them to basically give us major motion picture battles in every episode.

I liked the gritty scene myself. Can't blow the whole seasons battle budget on one massive sea battle.

That was a good turn of events, and needed. Can't have it be tooo easy for Dany to defeat Cersei.

• Agree
Reactions: CyJeans

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

I thought Theon was going to, until he saw Euron's men collecting their trophies.... which involved cutting off body parts, which took him straight back to his memories of being tortured and being Reek. While I was disappointed on the level that I was rooting for Theon - this was probably more consistent with the character and more realistic.... really just a better storytelling decision.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I thought Theon was going to, until he saw Euron's men collecting their trophies.... which involved cutting off body parts, which took him straight back to his memories of being tortured and being Reek. While I was disappointed on the level that I was rooting for Theon - this was probably more consistent with the character and more realistic.... really just a better storytelling decision.
I still think it's another layer in his overall arc, otherwise why keep him around? There has to be an end game there and I think we will find out there was some strategy behind what he did last night.
Agreed with both, I think it fit his storyarc better, as well as left a lot more possibilities on the table. Will be interesting to see how he takes/handles his own decision, let alone how Dany and Tyrion take it.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
What I think Arya does is returns to Winterfell but not as Arya. She will have a face on and no one will be the wiser in the beginning. I think during this time is when she will off LFinger. Pure speculation as I have no idea if that would happen but I am betting it does.

And then Arya takes Littlefingers face and Sansa kills her, believing she has killed LF.

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I thought they had franks, but no beans.

I can't remember how they handle it in the show. In the books, they take it all. But, in the books, Missandei is only 10, so they aren't really a road map to the show anymore.