Game of Thrones Season 6

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
So I know the Sansa telling Jon Snow about the Knights of the Vale is a touchy subject in here right now, but I just had one question (which may have already been answered but I can't bring myself to slog my way through last 10 pages). Did Sansa know for 100% sure that the Knights were coming before they got there? I know she had sent a message to them, but I couldn't remember if she had heard back from them.

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
So I know the Sansa telling Jon Snow about the Knights of the Vale is a touchy subject in here right now, but I just had one question (which may have already been answered but I can't bring myself to slog my way through last 10 pages). Did Sansa know for 100% sure that the Knights were coming before they got there? I know she had sent a message to them, but I couldn't remember if she had heard back from them.

There was no proof to us that she knew they were coming. At the war council, she begged Jon to wait till they had more men, so one could possibly assume she knew they were on the way.

I think she wasn't 100% sure Littlefinger would show up with the Knights of the Vale, so she was keeping that information to herself. Better to show up last minute to help, then to say "hey, we have a whole other amry" when it doesn't show.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

She was at the battle with Littlefinger (who happened to find her ahead of time) at exactly the right time. It seems wildly coincidental, if she didn't know.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Ravens are a one way communication. She would send the raven and the answer would be the KOV showing up or not showing up. Same as when Jon was talking to Lord Glover, he said he sent ravens to the Manderleys but it's not a two way communication as far as I know. But then again, Raven science hasn't been covered in the show lol

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I doubt it. I think book Roose will not be killed by book Ramsay. Roose in the books is totally aware and wary of Ramsay, he would never give him that kind of opportunity. If anything, book Roose will kill book Ramsay if he keeps acting the way he has. I think the north will play out very different in the books from the show.

Yeah, perhaps Roose dies battling Stannis? Or betrayed by other northern lords? He is much more clever in the books and he totally sees through Ramsay, hell he even says if his wife has a boy he'll let Ramsey kill him, because he doesn't want a child heir at his age.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Ravens are a one way communication. She would send the raven and the answer would be the KOV showing up or not showing up. Same as when Jon was talking to Lord Glover, he said he sent ravens to the Manderleys but it's not a two way communication as far as I know. But then again, Raven science hasn't been covered in the show lol

I'm pretty sure ravens can fly in a wide variety of directions.

I'm with Angie on this point. I think the way the writers handled the Sansa-KOV plot point was weak. After watching the Battle of the Bastards episode, I remarked to my son that if they don't have some serious tension between Jon and Sansa after her sandbaggery it would be pretty ridiculous. And there certainly wasn't a whole lot of acrimony, just Jon saying, "We need to trust each other." Ugh.

This particular plot line hasn't ruined the show. It doesn't completely invalidate what is a damn good watch overall. But it wasn't good writing in my opinion. They could have done much better. And if they wanted to go with the Sansa felt she needed to keep it a secret angle, there should be way more tension between Jon and Sansa beyond just a "Whatevs, we've got to stick together sis" throwaway line. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Shouldn't it be on season 7 now? Six is dead to me. Along with most of the characters.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Shouldn't it be on season 7 now? Six is dead to me. Along with most of the characters.

It's GOT offseason, man. We've got months and months of nitpicking plot points, writing decisions, discussions of Valyrian plate tectonics, and the best varietals of Arbor wine ahead of us.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Man, those last two posts are a breath of fresh air. I've watched all the shows but I can't keep up with half the crap on here.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
List of directors for season 7 was released a few days ago. Unfortunately the guy who directed the last few episodes of season 6 was unavailable. I hope they are able to bring him back for the final season, Battle of the Bastards & Winds of Winter were fantastic.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
List of directors for season 7 was released a few days ago. Unfortunately the guy who directed the last few episodes of season 6 was unavailable. I hope they are able to bring him back for the final season, Battle of the Bastards & Winds of Winter were fantastic.

That is a shame. The BoB was filmed beautifully. Maybe he can do the feature films.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
That is a shame. The BoB was filmed beautifully. Maybe he can do the feature films.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 258