Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I have trouble with Theon because he's just SUCH a turd, even before he betrayed all of the Starks. If he would have found Bran and Rickon, I think he would have indeed killed them to make daddy proud - and that keeps me from really liking him. It's just like I never really liked Catelyn all that much, because I felt like she made her own bed by first not staying with her kids rather than running off for revenge, and secondly by not just letting Tyrion do his thing at the inn but instead making a huge deal.

I sort of liked when that disgusting prostitute got impaled in this last episode.

I'm curious to see where the show goes with Jorah.

I hated Catlyn because of how she treated Jon Snow. As if it's his fault that Ned cheated on her.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Agree. I think the bite does the Hound in. I actually think his fate was sealed when the Red Viper killed his big brother before he could himself, terminating that potential brother vs. brother confrontation. To take it further, remember when the Hound mercy killed that guy from the village a few episodes back? I think Arya will mercy kill the Hound. If that happens I'm going to cry, but I think that's how the show sets up. The bite is going to linger until he's just too weak to go on. After that, I see Arya free to head to Brovos and make good on that coin.

Oh, good thoughts on Arya and the Hound. She did say a few weeks back she was going to stab him through the eye.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have no sympathy for Theon. When he couldn't kill Bran and Rickon, he killed two other kids. His treatment of women is horrendous, even for the GoT universe.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Being the creator of the first Game of Thrones Season 4 thread, this thread makes me sad. However, it was necessary.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Also, I think the men at the wall are going to be killed and cooked, because one of them said something to the effect of making sure the last man burns the bodies.
I thought they also said in that it's so they don't come back.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
My predictions for the last two episodes are:
1. Some bad people will die.
2. Some not as bad people will die.
3. Some people that are not really bad at all will die.
4. Some gratuitous nudity in episode 10 but none in episode 9.
5. No dragons (yet).
6. Hodor!
7. More simply awesome acting across the board by this cast.
Now you just went and ruined it for me.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm thinking the cannibals are going to be cooking them.

He says it in reference to becoming white walkers/dead coming back with blue eyes. They have seen first-hand at Castle Black the dead come back and the only way to avoid it is to burn the dead. He says, "I'm done with this world, I'm sure as hell not coming back"

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I missed it somewhere. Why is it the dead only come back on the wall or outside the wall. Never anywhere else. Is there a magic dome?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I missed it somewhere. Why is it the dead only come back on the wall or outside the wall. Never anywhere else. Is there a magic dome?

The Others make corpses into wights.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

This. The White Walkers somehow resurrect the dead people/animals/etc. as Wights. Burning the dead is the only thing that can keep them from being resurrected.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The Others make corpses into wights.

I dont remember a couple of the corpses being touched by the others?

Did the one who attacked inside the wall get touched, i cant remember.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I think Oberyn's mistress will play some role in the final two episodes. They spent so much time introducing those characters that I would think it didn't end with Oberyn.

Suddenly Sansa's storyline is getting more interesting. I wonder how Arya will feel about Sansa befriending Littlefinger.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I think Oberyn's mistress will play some role in the final two episodes. They spent so much time introducing those characters that I would think it didn't end with Oberyn.

Suddenly Sansa's storyline is getting more interesting. I wonder how Arya will feel about Sansa befriending Littlefinger.

*If* she finds out. As others have said, since her aunt is dead they might just turn around.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
*If* she finds out. As others have said, since her aunt is dead they might just turn around.

I'm guessing they will just leave. There is no way for them to know that Sansa is there. All the guards would know is that Littlefinger is there and Arya and the hound aren't going to trust him. As far as they know there is no reason for them to stay there.