Gabe Kalscheur officially back for next year

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Welcome Back, Kalscheur. What could ever lead ya back here where we need ya?

I remember listening to a recording once of John Lennon trying to figure out the chords for "Daydream" and, becoming frustrated at his lack of success, he referred to John Sebastian as a "******* tunesmith."

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
I definitely wasnt the biggest Gabe fan last season. But I am 100% glad he came back. His leadership and effort is critical for this team to maintain the culture of last year’s team, especially with how many new players we have coming in.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I definitely wasnt the biggest Gabe fan last season. But I am 100% glad he came back. His leadership and effort is critical for this team to maintain the culture of last year’s team, especially with how many new players we have coming in.
Tournament Gabe was awesome. Need your upperclassmen to buy-in.

Defense travels, and if he can keep to that midrange magic, he'll be a huge plus.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm excited about this one. Continuity and leadership is important. We've seen him have big games and we know that's in there. TJ just has to figure out how to develop some consistency from him, which I think he will do.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I wasnt the biggest fan either. I didn't understand why he got so much playing time in light of his shooting and turnover woes. The playing time decision wasn't his responsibility of course. Hopefully the coaches have better chess pieces to work with next season and Gabe embraces what might be a smaller role in terms of playing time but a larger role in terms of leadership.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Gabe was so good last summer that TJ said he wanted him to "hunt his shot like Steph Curry." If he can even get to 33% from 3 it will go a long way next year. We know the defense will be there.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
The Sweet Sixteen wouldn't have happened without him. Welcome back!
True but the NCAA bid almost didn't happen because of how poorly he played in the last 12 games or so.

We wouldn't have made the tourney if we hadn't escaped the KState game with a 74-73 win. Grill had 6 threes in that game. Kalscheur had 0 points, 0 rebounds and 5 turnovers in 27 minutes.

Hey I am glad Gabe stepped up and redeemed himself in that Wisconsin game. I welcome him back too!

Last edited:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Love this! This kids upside and potential is crazy high! If the coaches can help him be more constant he really could be something special next season!

Reactions: Cjreimer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron