Gabby Petito found dead in Wyoming

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I'm disappointed in the lack of rampant speculation in this thread, ha ha! Why are people being so objective and reserving judgement??

It seems pretty clear to me what happened here, but what I'm really obsessing over is a catalyst: what the hell happened around August 12th? They go from a seemingly blissful couple to attacking each other almost overnight.

Just spit-balling: I suspect Gabby may have had another suitor in her life. Brian probably found out by going through her personal media. He may have had access to her phone based on the suspicious final text messages.

To this point, however, the media has not done much digging into their recent past- yet.
Or, and hear me out here, maybe they were only saying they were a blissful couple when they weren’t.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I wonder how the Moab police and that park ranger feel now - after they know they left Gabby in the hands of a cold blooded killer.

• Creative
Reactions: JP4CY

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
They get in a fight and he pushes her and she falls and hits her head on a rock. He panics and takes off leaving her for dead.

Hopefully a gator starts with his toes and works its way up slowly.
This was my first thought. I Twitter granted, it could be a million things.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He might not care about her whereabouts. She might have just told him she’s had a side piece for the past two years plus details.

Now beyond that his going “missing” in some Florida nature preserve at this time isfully suspicious and he probably killed Ms. Petito. However I am glad that their formulaically ****** YouTube channel can’t go any further.
I would you give a **** about a YouTube channel?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Maybe this was posted earlier, I'm too lazy to check. Consider the source before taking any stock.

BL_deercam-01.jpeg
They had this on ABC news so the image is real. Whether it’s the person of interest or not is still TBD.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wild guess that everything was AMAZING on social media.

I know of many folks that have great lives together online but are a mess in person.

Especially for social media types on youtube\tiktok\etc whose whole brand is them as a couple. They have to portray that things are good or they risk damaging their income.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Especially for social media types on youtube\tiktok\etc whose whole brand is them as a couple. They have to portray that things are good or they risk damaging their income.

Yeah and I'm talking about personal friends etc.

All those incredible happy selfies were taken some time around the total meltdown and drama from the evening that only those that were there know about.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I wonder how the Moab police and that park ranger feel now - after they know they left Gabby in the hands of a cold blooded killer.
Probably like ****. If I were the parent I would be livid and looking to sue.

But to be fair, they see so much awful behavior each and every day. They can't just arrest everybody.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yeah and I'm talking about personal friends etc.

All those incredible happy selfies were taken some time around the total meltdown and drama from the evening that only those that were there know about.

A little ****** smooth ambient house music and some slow motion hair blowing in the wind with ugly sunglasses can make everything look AMAZING.

Reactions: madguy30

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Wild guess that everything was AMAZING on social media.

I know of many folks that have great lives together online but are a mess in person.
Almost every couple I see post on their social media accounts about how much they love their significant other, how great they are, how they blah blah blah are always the ones that break up all the time, fight like cats and dogs, give each other attitude around people.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Almost every couple I see post on their social media accounts about how much they love their significant other, how great they are, how they blah blah blah are always the ones that break up all the time, fight like cats and dogs, give each other attitude around people.

My take is if people are going to post all of the great things about their relationships, post the bad days and the mundane.

'Tonight we went out to eat! Caught up about our days on the way to the restaurant, so really didn't have much else to talk about at actual dinner, came home, and we were both bloated from overeating so we drank some water and were in bed in time for Family Guy reruns'.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Somewhat following this story. While certainly tragic, what has made it such a national headline all over?

Reactions: isutrevman

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Exactly. It's the classic putting on a front for people to see.

Funny thing is my wife and I rarely post regarding each other. Usually a selfie at the first FB game of the year or if we are on vacation but that's about it. I post about my racing and she posts about our daughter, dogs and goats.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Also extends to PDA couples. My jerk bro-in-law used to have a vise grip on his then wife’s hand every time we saw them until he dumped her for someone else and declared she had almost ruined his life. And has repeated the PDA through a long trail of girlfriends ever since, like we need to see him fondling the current woman at the Thanksgiving table.:rolleyes:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Somewhat following this story. While certainly tragic, what has made it such a national headline all over?

This has been all over TikTok for over a week now. Its just now hitting the news.

This couple has been (aspiring?) influencers who had developed a (little) following

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Don't understand why people post that **** on social media? Why? Nobody fu##ing cares!

• Agree
Reactions: ISU22CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron