G7 Parking Lot

Victory

Oct 27, 2015
metro
Is the G7 parking lot open Friday nights before game days? i have a small rv and did not want to go to vet med and pay for parking - then get up early and move to G7. thanks!

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Is the G7 parking lot open Friday nights before game days? i have a small rv and did not want to go to vet med and pay for parking - then get up early and move to G7. thanks!
No, only lots open the night before are the RV lots.

You could sell your G7 pass and I believe can park in the Sleepy Hollow lot as they allow overnight parking. Not sure what Sleepy Hollow charges though.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Any good free parking areas? I don't mind a little walk.

a lot of street parking in residential areas but it all depends on when you arrive. We will normally drop our tailgating gear off and park about within a block of Beach Ave usually. Then again we are hardcore and get their around at least 6 hours before kickoff.

Haunted Forest is a good option also for $20 parking. I did notice though driving by there the other day they had a dozer in there and some marking stakes set up, so I don't know if that is even an option for this year.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: AlaCyclone

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Define small. when we were is g7 for a year we had a small bus that measured just under 24ft. I think it was 23 feet 10 inches. I emailed the cyclone club about vehicle length limit as I knew we had a biggish vehicle. I was told 24 ft. Printed off the email and took a tape measure just in case we were ever given grief. Never was an issue.
They say as long as the vehicle fits in a traditional parking spot you are good. Yes, even in g7 with the extra space, this is the rule.
Some things to consoder if you go the g7 route.

But, as others have noted g7 doesnt allow over night parking. Best bets would be haunted forest or vet med. Vet med opens 5 the evening before. Not sure about haunted forest.

Walmart parking lot maybe hy vee would always be an option to sleep the night before then get up early and move to g7. But that is fairly white trash. But also free. I would call the store to make sure it would be okay to do this though before just showing up.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Towers area lots are free, its a bit of a hike but have had to park there a couple times when the grass lots are closed or arrived later than planned.
I have parked there before, but it was back in 2012. Glad it is still an option!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Walmart parking lot maybe hy vee would always be an option to sleep the night before then get up early and move to g7. But that is fairly white trash. But also free. I would call the store to make sure it would be okay to do this though before just showing up.

The Hy-Vee lot would be perfect for me, if it is allowed.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
It's not you will be towed.
You cant leave your vehicle during the game. Which I have done a couple time with no issue.

I would think they would be okay with someone parking there over night the night before, while with the vehicle the entire time, then leaving to the tailgate lots. Especially if they bought supplies from the store.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What would Larry do? Pull up to a Greek house party and just park out front and party down with some youngin’s

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I thought it was a state law that you cant tow a vehicle with people in it? As long as you are in the vehicle park it wherever u want. Disclaimer: Im not a lawyer.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've never heard of hy-Vee towing anyone. I've done it before with no issues.

I think the East HyVee puts up signs that say No Football Parking. However, I think the parking lot in front of the McFarland Clinic next to the West HyVee is no problem. We have neighbors who have parked there and then take the bus. Not my style, but it seems to work for them.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009