FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
We went in about 30 minutes before kickoff. Almost no line. Maybe it’s a matter of people just planning to give it a little extra time?

That have never been an issue in the past. Today was a trainwreck. If they want people to go in early they need to start serving beer and putting games on the big screens. Not many want to sit in their seats very long before a 4 hour game.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
So For the people that actually got their tickets to scan....My 4 never was able to read.
I was told it still took longer because the tap feature is not like scanning a bar code and almost instate, it takes a while for each ticket to read.

But With that had 4 tickets today and none were able to be read. Tried and tried and they finally just waved us in. Same with the people in front and behind us. I waited for about an hour and the heat in that crowd with no air movement was pretty bad. Then they didnt have the awnings over the entry like in years past and it got pretty unbearable.

The stupid turnstiles would not turn unless your ticket read, and well a ton of people could not get their tickets to read.

And yes I had them in my google wallet and everything like every other digital entry venue. It was a mess, from what people have said there was less problems with apple wallet, but all I know google wallet didnt work at all, for me.

Dont know what the answer is now, that they implemented this but I would hope they work on things this week, because it was terrible.

We had the same issue 3 of our 4 tickets would not scan. The did everything like I was supposed to and they didn't scan. Nothing seemed to work. This situation is on the athletic department. They will blame the fans. JP and staff will take no responsibility for what happened today.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have verizon and had no issues. i have an android phone

Yeah I had 4bar 5G all day on Verizon .

Do you have the basic plan or the higher plans? I was able to stream all day, but my kids with the lower level my plan service couldn’t get much data connections. I think they were being throttled due to the congestion

Verizon and I had data all game.

Whoever did the data upgrades needs a raise.
I'm definitely sensing a trend here...

We have a top of the line Verizon plan, my phone is a Galaxy S23+, about six months old; his is an S22, about a year old. I have no idea what the issue is...

Verizon just hates me.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
There were some calls to do that from the back of the line, at the North gate, but if it happened, it was after we got through. I understand the sentiment, but I disagree with the mob mentality. Those workers didn't have any control over the new system. Not their fault. Rushing the gates is how people get hurt.

I was at the south entrance too. As far as I could tell it wasn't so much a mob as much as people just deciding to walk in. But I wasn't up front, either, so I could have missed something.

People were quite patient in difficult circumstances for a long time. This was disastrously managed.

• Agree
Reactions: cysmiley

mark42

Aug 27, 2016
I recently switched to Verizon.
I was told that if I qualified for a business plan, (slightly higher priced) I wouldn’t be throttled down at big events , like at football games, (His exact words) the less expensive personal plans can be throttled down at big events, as business plans have “priority”, again his words.
I wasn’t at the game today, so no take from me on my experience. Just adding to the debate.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I recently switched to Verizon.
I was told that if I qualified for a business plan, (slightly higher priced) I wouldn’t be throttled down at big events , like at football games, (His exact words) the less expensive personal plans can be throttled down at big events, as business plans have “priority”, again his words.
I wasn’t at the game today, so no take from me on my experience. Just adding to the debate.
Business plan user for over 10 years…. I experienced the exact thing nearly everyone else experienced in years past… no data/signal.

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Because you’re judging something completely based off construction just starting. And I wasn’t the only one that dumbed it.

You were the 1st and I wasn't negative IMO. but it really isn't worth arguing about have a good evening.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Folks who want to blame old people, or unprepared people, or slow people for what happened today should check out some of the photos floating around on social media today. The number of people waiting to get in on the east side was staggering.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Business plan user for over 10 years…. I experienced the exact thing nearly everyone else experienced in years past… no data/signal.

I have US Cellular and I had the best signal I've ever had in Jack Trice---by far! I could check the CBS Sports App and the Weather Channel App.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We were able to do that. Scanned all 5 at once and the turnstile would allow that many people through after. You don’t have to scan then let one through then scan again.

On the barcodes, it was a bit odd in that my dad with his Apple wallet got a barcode. My Apple wallet used NFC. I don’t know what settings were different, but the NFC worked so much better than trying to scan just because of the way you had to stick your phone into the scanner in a certain way.
I scanned our four tickets and we all walked in together. Its going to take time for everyone to get used to the system. I never could get my parking pass to move over to my digital wallet, the tickers were there, but not sure what was going on with the parking pass. I just kept the ISU app open when we drove up and had them scan it that way.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My parents were turned away from entering C1/C2 at 10:30 because “it’s closed for the spirit walk.” That was a new ine

CT clone

Aug 10, 2020
Here is an idea where everyone wins - just like TSA, give everyone the option to have a fast pass for $75 where you can check in online and all you have to do is walk through any number of gates without having to additionally scan your ticket and that $75 donation goes to the We Will collective. The people who sign up get faster entry, the people who don’t have shorter lines, and We Will and our athletes win.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
Here is an idea where everyone wins - just like TSA, give everyone the option to have a fast pass for $75 where you can check in online and all you have to do is walk through any number of gates without having to additionally scan your ticket and that $75 donation goes to the We Will collective. The people who sign up get faster entry, the people who don’t have shorter lines, and We Will and our athletes win.
YES! after you donate they give you your fast pass and you have to get that scanned at the fast pass entrance. To make room for the fast pass entrance they'll close off one of the entrances, so then it'll be so congested at the other entrances everyone will buy the fast pass and make the collective millions!

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Sounds like a great way to make a huge number of fans recoil and just not renew their tickets. I wouldn't stand for being treated this way. It's the minimum level of customer service to expect entry into the stadium in a reasonable amount of time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron