FS: 4 Tickets to KU Game (Aisle Seat) & Parking Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009
I don't have a real issue with prices, and don't remember what you're charging, but you're making it sound like going to the game is a big sacrifice for these people.

Just stick with "some people want to make something off their tickets for this game." That's a reasonable deal, and doesn't sound ridiculous like that first line does.

The tickets have sold, for asking price. They are great seats and it would have been a great game to go to! That is why people are asking for a pretty penny. I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like a sacrifice to go to the game. Quite opposite actually. If you're gonna get my tickets to one of (if not THE) biggest games in Cyclone history then you're gonna pay for them. The sacrifice is not going to the game, made quite a bit easier by the money the person that wanted to go was willing to pay.

My point in the beginning and my point now is, season ticket holders for these seats pay a pretty nice donation plus the cost of the tickets. If a person is able to make up a good chunk of that money by selling one game then that is a smart decision in my mind. If they aren't able to get what they are asking, they will go to the game an enjoy the h*** out of it! Again, a WIN WIN situation afforded that person by their ability and desire to pay the donation and ticket cost in the first place. If someone is able to pay the asking price, I'm pretty sure they aren't using their grocery money to do so. And if they are, that's on them not the seller.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Think of it this way, a group of KU fans is paying a LOT of money to watch their team lose.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
The issues of prices has become beyond ridiculous on this forum. Hardly any lower level seats are EVER available on this forum because of all the complaining by a number of people on here. My advice to the moderators, not that they need it, would be to allow only the OP to post in their thread. If a person is interested they can reply via PM but this nonsense of ....Wow that is a lot of money would immediately stop. You might even get a few people with lower level seats posting on here again.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The issues of prices has become beyond ridiculous on this forum. Hardly any lower level seats are EVER available on this forum because of all the complaining by a number of people on here. My advice to the moderators, not that they need it, would be to allow only the OP to post in their thread. If a person is interested they can reply via PM but this nonsense of ....Wow that is a lot of money would immediately stop. You might even get a few people with lower level seats posting on here again.

Who has even blasted the prices as of late? There are those that think they are too high, so they simply don't buy it. Just like you can voice your opinion you don't like the complaining, others can voice they don't like the prices.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
As a moderator MJ4Cy what good does the discussion do for the original poster? The mods should have taken a stance on this a long time ago. If the goal of the OP is to sell the tickets why should a poster be able to pop off about the price. How does that help the OP? It doesn't. All it does is make him/her feel uncomfortable about defending their price and make them feel as if they shouldn't post tickets here in the future. The Ticket Exchange I thought was invented for the purpose of allowing Cyclones to buy from other Cyclones. Not for Cyclones fans to belittle other Cyclones.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
As a moderator MJ4Cy what good does the discussion do for the original poster? The mods should have taken a stance on this a long time ago. If the goal of the OP is to sell the tickets why should a poster be able to pop off about the price. How does that help the OP? It doesn't. All it does is make him/her feel uncomfortable about defending their price and make them feel as if they shouldn't post tickets here in the future. The Ticket Exchange I thought was invented for the purpose of allowing Cyclones to buy from other Cyclones. Not for Cyclones fans to belittle other Cyclones.

If they honestly feel uncomfortable, they shouldn't be posting that price.... I would think any price an OP puts up they should be comfortable with it. I can't possibly see how this thread or discussion hurts the OP. Either he is going to find a buyer or he isn't.

It's not different than if a store sells something higher than you want to pay for.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Have the buyers contacted the authorities about this gouging? All good then!

Probably not. They are probably thrilled that they can watch a Top 10 match-up 10 rows up. And given the fact that this is the only time that ESPN Gameday could ever come to Hilton Coliseum they probably want to be a part of history. I imagine those are things going through their heads.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Actually it is a lot different from a store selling them for a high price. This is not consumer reports, it is a forum to try and accomplish the goal of Cyclones selling to Cyclones. Maybe, that is not the goal at all in which case maybe you could enlighten us as to what the goal is. How does a person complaining about prices and the inevitable discussion that stems from such things help the OP get his/her tickets sold? I would love to her that explanation. I am surprised to see not only how many moderators allow the insults to occur but also how many of the moderators seem to fan the flames by saying they wouldn't pay more than $10 for a ticket to the Oklahoma State game. Very unprofessional behavior from people that represent Cyclonefanatic.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Actually it is a lot different from a store selling them for a high price. This is not consumer reports, it is a forum to try and accomplish the goal of Cyclones selling to Cyclones. Maybe, that is not the goal at all in which case maybe you could enlighten us as to what the goal is. How does a person complaining about prices and the inevitable discussion that stems from such things help the OP get his/her tickets sold? I would love to her that explanation. I am surprised to see not only how many moderators allow the insults to occur but also how many of the moderators seem to fan the flames by saying they wouldn't pay more than $10 for a ticket to the Oklahoma State game. Very unprofessional behavior from people that represent Cyclonefanatic.

Unprofessional huh? I've never seen a paycheck in my life to moderate. And if it really upsets you that bad, you should probably report the posts that are bothering you. You'll have to point out to me what I did wrong by answering the question (asked directly to me point blank) of how much I would pay to go to a game on a night with bad roads and cold temps where I have to drive out of town and not get home until a few hours before I have to be at work.... I digress....anyways, you are the one who seems more worked up about it than those that said the price was too high. Like I said, if someone wants to buy it at the price that's being asked, they will. I doubt they care what I or anyone else thinks.

I'll say what I've all along. While I don't think some of the prices are outrageous compared to prices I've seen on other websites, doesn't mean I don't think some people are charging what the are to make some money. And that's perfectly legal. More power to them if they can get someone to pay it. I will not pay that high of a price, but doesn't mean others might. Again, I don't see how me or anyone else who "complains" as you call it has deterred the forum or hurt the OP's chances.

If it makes you feel better, I can close this thread.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
OP has sold tickets. This thread is bothering some people. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.