From downtown DSM

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
I'm a Roosevelt High 1984 to ISU Summer 90 Accounting Grad. I am a CPA & work for a local payroll service (Heritage Payroll)

I live on the southside of downtown with my gf, I have 3 kids, 2 of them go to ISU and my youngest attends Johnston

My parents started going to fball games when the stadium was near Friley. So I'm a lifer. I almost always bring a stadium horn to both fball & bball games.

I have liked the basketball teams better but love our new set of coaches.

My college buddy married Pete Taylors daughter so I was decent friends with him & Eric Heft. I really felt like ISU turned their back on Larry. Pete & Larry were like long lost brothers. Pete died just before the LE fiasco went down... It appears that now Freddy is going to right the ship (actually its a little early for that but I finally have some hope!)

I belong to Cyclone Report but am considering jumping ship as it appears we pretty much get the same info here w/o having to pay for it.

In DSM, I like the downtown bars, the High Life owners are friends of mine thru work so I spent time there. High Life, Mullets, Fongs & I like live music. I'm friends with the owner of the Star Bar & enjoy that place as well

I'm a bicycling addict/advocate & love to ride my mtn bike that I turned into a touring bike (ie it can carry a lot of beer). This year, we rode to Ames 3 weeks in a row (yes all the way from DSM), I've done 20 RAGBRAIs & 19 BRRs.

Reactions: Palmer