Fritz out at KSU after 20 years

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Thank you and going-bye. Fired just in time to recruit a new coach to open their new volleyball arena.

While 15 wins the last two years was not enough to save her job, she was ISU kryptonite this year, as the only conference team the Cyclones could not beat. Likely cost us a better seed in the tourney.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Cyfan1965 and Kinch

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I just don't know who they are going to get? I am sure there is a Nebraska assistant knocking around somewhere who will take it. Wonder if Aliyah Carter might look to move-

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I just don't know who they are going to get? I am sure there is a Nebraska assistant knocking around somewhere who will take it. Wonder if Aliyah Carter might look to move-
OH is certainly the biggest roster gap going into next season with the departures of Holthaus, Thomas, Mitchell and Hatch from this season's rotation.

Carter's production was way down this season and not sure if it was due to injury or other reasons. She could certainly be looking for a new program.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I didn't know she played at KSU- Know of her only as ISU assistant and Iowa Heart volleyball club. This would be a no brainer.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Dawn Sullivan also being mentioned for the Mizzou vacancy where the former UNLV AD is now AD.

She could also end up being a long shot candidate for the Minnesota job as well as CJL.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Dawn Sullivan also being mentioned for the Mizzou vacancy where the former UNLV AD is now AD.

She could also end up being a long shot candidate for the Minnesota job as well as CJL.
I’d be surprised if UM picks a female coach. There has yet to be a female coach win an NCAA VB championship.

Sounds like Dawn could have her pick of MU or KSU.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
A football team running on all cylinders and excitement around mens bball emboldens Gene Taylor to work around the edges.