Friday OT - Why are you a pain to be married to/live with/date?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Keep them womenfolk out of man business.

Just kidding. I kind of see your point, kind of. Inevitably, your personal finances are linked to your business finances and I would think that would involve pulling your wife in on the decision making, but to each their own.

I'd still wager to bet that most small business owners don't run their business decisions by their spouses for approval the same way they would a personal decision. Unless, of course, the spouse is also involved in the business on a more-than-superficial-level.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
"Quit touching my boobs, all the #$^*&^$ time!"

"You spend more time on the toilet pooping then you do, doing anything else"

"You have no hair, how can you use all the hot water?"

"You're like the fourth child I never wanted"

"Do you wake up in the morning and think of ways to **** me off?"

This was just a couple quotes from my wife this morning. In my defense, she did fart on me while I was trying to cuddle her this morning.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
According to the women I've dated:

I smoke too much hookah
I'm too nice to them
I'm messy
I have too many female friends
I flirt too much with random women
I can't relate to simple problems (because I've had to deal with too many serious problems and I just don't care)
I am too successful without putting that much effort (she said she couldn't compete with that)
I am stubborn

Last edited:

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
I put Iowa State ahead of everything

I do this but my wife seems to be okay with it. Example) We went to San Fran over Labor Day weekend. We tried to check out a lot of the sights, but at the same time I really wanted to watch the FB game (against UNI) so she tracked down the San Fran game watch to make that possible... turns out that the game watch was cancelled. Probably a good thing because watching that game would have made me awfully crabby.

My personal pains
1) snore snore snore. I assume she's going to get use to it after a couple of decades of marriage.

2) I hate making the bed and apparently don't do it properly (whatever that means).

3) I leave my shoes everywhere and anywhere.

4) She would say I bug her for "relations" too much. I think I don't bug her enough...

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I think the biggest thing with me is that my awesomeness tends to highlight others' deficiencies, which can be annoying, but what am I going to do about it, you know? I can't help it, other than give people advice on how to not be so sucky, which I try to do as much as I can...giving back....

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Just a couple of examples about my spouse. Could write pages and pages

Unfinished projects - 4 years ago started putting vinyl baseboard in the garage. Four feet left undone.

Procrastinates - waits until major snowstorm to check the snowblower

Use of time - if he thinks a project will take an hour plan on 4-6

Doesn't like duvets or throw pillows

I'm gonna defend your hubby for a second.

Unfinished projects are our way of counteracting the list of projects that get handed to us: "After you get done mowing the lawn, can you reshingle the house before changing the oil?"

Procrastination is fun. You should try it sometime. or not

Project planning. Allow for 2-3 trips to Home Depot or Lowes, figure half hour per trip. The project IS only an hour! Also, consider offering a "reward" for a project done quicker.

Duvets and pillows - One head, one pillow.

and I thought we were supposed to be talking about why we are a pain to live with, not our spouses.

*side note - I was pretty sure that my wife wasn't on CF, but your post has me questioning your true identity :spinny:

Last edited:

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I am faultless. So is my spouse. We were made for each other.

(guess that's just annoying to other people, though)

:pcool:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Does any guy on this board like duvets or throw pillows? A bed needs one pillow, the one you sleep on. A couch needs no throw pillows. I don't want to have to move something when I sit down or lay down.
I like to throw pillows sometimes, and have no clue what a duvet is, or even how to pronounce it.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I too am a procrastinator. I fell into the perfect line of work -- construction bidding. Everything has to happen right effing now, and I've trained my whole life for it.

Consequently, when wifey wants some house construction project done, I'll do it when I feel like it. My take is that if I do it right away, she'll just come up with another project to ***** about.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I am probably too involved with ISU (basketball in particular). The wife knows from when the whistle blows to 30 minutes or so after the game, depending on the outcome, I am 150% focused on the Clones. Anything she tries to get through to me is a waste.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I am probably too involved with ISU (basketball in particular). The wife knows from when the whistle blows to 30 minutes or so after the game, depending on the outcome, I am 150% focused on the Clones. Anything she tries to get through to me is a waste.

Why isn't she in it 110% too? My wife and I have specific spots we sit for away games and can't move unless it's halftime. No talking in last 5 minutes if the game is within 10 points. For football I threw away my tailgating hat when we lost our first 3 games this year and bought a new one.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I am really bad at putting away clean laundry. I'll throw my clothes in the wash machine and dry them back to back with no problem. Side note: we have a washer/dryer 2-in-1 in our loft. It takes three hours to dry a load. I don't like it. Anyways, once the clothes are dry I'll take them out, fold them, and put them on our bed. I won't put them away before I go to sleep so I'll just throw them on the floor thus making my folding irrelevant. The clothes will sit on the floor and get wrinkled and I'll have to throw them back in the dryer before I wear them to get the wrinkles out. Second side note: throw a damp cloth with a dry wrinkled shirt into a dryer to get the wrinkles out. It is so much better than ironing. If you didn't already know about this, do it. You're welcome. Luckily our utility bills are included in the rent so I can do this time and time again and not have to pay for it. It's an evil process I have mastered.

And I don't understand the concept of paragraphs:jimlad:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm much more mechanical than he is so I tend to want to fix things my way. I really should just leave him alone and let him fix it but I know that there is a chance it won't get finished.

Sounds like me with my ex!

My hubby of the past 20 years will fix things, and can fix/build just about anything he sets his mind to, but he is incapable of saying no to any one who needs help.

Consequently, my honey-do list gets longer while the kids, his mother, his sister, the neighbors and everyone else's requests are filled. :)