Friday OT - Southern Trees Bear a Strange Fruit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frog

May 6, 2021
He wouldn’t eat it in a pill pocket and he’s the only dog I have ever had that hates peanut butter. Vet tech suggested braunschweiger, she described it as stinky, gummy, and filled with fat and organs and crap no one should eat so dogs love it.:rolleyes: Cream cheese works in a pinch.
Funny.

I grew up with it and love the stuff. I'm the only one in the house that will eat it. I eat a couple braunschweiger/brown mustard sandwiches in a week. It is rich. Sometimes I add potato chips.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Coincidental/timely topic. We did an “expiration-date purge” from the fridge this weekend … majority of casualties involved condiment/sauce.

A few items I was unaware were in our icebox-shaped device, and I’m uncertain of initial intent. Examples:

beets1 copy.jpg
Best guess: Beets you consume while listening to James Taylor playlist.

capers1 copy.jpg

Best guess: Curbside grocery pick-up, substitute for Dom Capers.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
So I tried the curly girl method but it wasn’t as good as Reddit claimed. Then I started mixing and matching products until I found my “holy grail” routine. I do think it’s just different preference and hair style. The gel did crap for me personall. I also think a lot of the advice was written for broke college kids which is great and makes the method accessible but it took a while to realize that there’s really good quality products to use instead.

I have a medicated ketocanonzole shampoo I use a few times a week for some dermatitis issues which screws some things up. But this is my normal routine. I wash and condition every other day.

Wash day:
  • Shampoo with SheaMoisture Intensive Hydration Shampoo with Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil
  • Deep condition with Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Condition Hair Mask
  • Comb in after shower the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
  • Comb in more the SheaMoisture Frizz Free Curl Mousse
  • Style with SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mix

I do a 5-10min plop with a microfiber towel between the deep condition and hair smoothie. Allows me to shave or brunch my teeth or whatever I need to do in between.

Non wash day:
Comb in the SheaMoisture Frizz Free Curl Mousse
Style with SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mix

Can we get pictures of your curls? Because I definitely could use the visual. I have a ton of frizz at humid times of year - I use the SheaMoisture curl definer stuff, I think it's called? I use gel, but it makes my hair brittle and I don't love it. I have to condition a ton.

@Angie sorry for detailing slightly, maybe a future OT should be “what is your shower/hair care/body care routine?”

Ooh, can you please PM me this to remind me? Otherwise I forget all the things.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
My wife has been trying do that for awhile and hasn't been getting the ideal curls that she wanted.

The biggest thing I had to do was embrace my curl pattern instead of trying to make it into a different kind of curl pattern. It took me a while to get over the idea that I wouldn't get perfect spirals or perfect waves (I'm somewhere in between). Once I accepted that I cannot change my curl pattern, I was able to focus more on what works for my hair and keeps it healthy.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Coincidental/timely topic. We did an “expiration-date purge” from the fridge this weekend … majority of casualties involved condiment/sauce.

A few items I was unaware were in our icebox-shaped device, and I’m uncertain of initial intent. Examples:

View attachment 98968
Best guess: Beets you consume while listening to James Taylor playlist.

View attachment 98969

Best guess: Curbside grocery pick-up, substitute for Dom Capers.
Capers are legit. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess they were in your fridge as a manifestation of the Ghost of Piccata Recipes Past. Or maybe salmon.

Reactions: cyclones500

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Can we get pictures of your curls? Because I definitely could use the visual. I have a ton of frizz at humid times of year - I use the SheaMoisture curl definer stuff, I think it's called? I use gel, but it makes my hair brittle and I don't love it. I have to condition a ton.

Ooh, can you please PM me this to remind me? Otherwise I forget all the things.

I've seen others in my curly girl facebook group who can't use the SheaMoisture products for the same reason. It might be the coconut in the product. For humidity in the summer, I like the Ouidad Heat & Humidity Gel. It will give you a bit of a crunch as your hair dries, but then I use my hands to "scrunch out the crunch," and I get the soft hair/curls I wanted.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I've seen others in my curly girl facebook group who can't use the SheaMoisture products for the same reason. It might be the coconut in the product. For humidity in the summer, I like the Ouidad Heat & Humidity Gel. It will give you a bit of a crunch as your hair dries, but then I use my hands to "scrunch out the crunch," and I get the soft hair/curls I wanted.

I have tried that VERY briefly, but will have to give it another shot! I hate stuff that gets my hands all gunky, so I tend to put down products without giving them a fair shake if I feel like they are sticky. It is wildly impractical.

Reactions: MJ29