Friday OT: It's not me, it's you.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This isn't a break up but related to relationships. I asked this one girl out at a bar once, not sure of the answer, because as she literally laughed, I walked away.
I feel your pain. That's pretty cold.

tumblr_mz8dkxPt2H1rzwwvco1_500.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My sister attracted every weirdo in the midwest. This kid used to drive around our house and honk his horn at all hours. My dad finally told her to tell him he would be waiting for him next time he came around. Then the guy whined at me that my sister "broke up" with him because of Dad. I'm all like, she never went out with you. He told me they never officially went out but they were "connected." I guess obsession + delusion = connection.:rolleyes:

Reactions: BiggerCy

BiggerCy

Jan 6, 2015
Cyclone Alley
During my first deployment to Afghanistan, my girlfriend decided that she was too lonely and that she needed some companionship, so she broke it off and started seeing someone else. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Going on two patrols a day, in between pulling three hour tower guard shifts, lock security at night, drinking bottles of water that are so hot that it burns your insides, because it's been sitting out in the hot *** sun. On top of all that being being devastated, because the person I loved and I thought that loved me back, was ******* some other dude.

Just thinking about it is bringing back that whole period in my life. I was infantry, she was military police, and the other dude was a supply clerk. I was like, if your gonna cheat on me at least have the decency to have it be with another infantryman, not a damn supply clerk.

Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
During my first deployment to Afghanistan, my girlfriend decided that she was too lonely and that she needed some companionship, so she broke it off and started seeing someone else. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Going on two patrols a day, in between pulling three hour tower guard shifts, lock security at night, drinking bottles of water that are so hot that it burns your insides, because it's been sitting out in the hot *** sun. On top of all that being being devastated, because the person I loved and I thought that loved me back, was ******* some other dude.

Just thinking about it is bringing back that whole period in my life. I was infantry, she was military police, and the other dude was a supply clerk. I was like, if your gonna cheat on me at least have the decency to have it be with another infantryman, not a damn supply clerk.

Thanks for your service and in your honor **** supply clerks (well, you know what I mean here).

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
My last girlfriend got ****** at me for multiple psychotic reasons:

Tried to turn me from Republican to Democrat.

Tried to make me quit hunting and fishing.

Demanded I not listen to a song because she thought that I thought of my ex while listening to it.

Told me I watched too much sports and got ****** when I was upset we lost.

Didn't want girls coming to our house parties because I shouldn't be in contact with other girls while drunk while we were dating.

Etc. Etc. I was dumb enough to let this go on for 6 months then broke it off to which she turned into a nasty break up.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012

I hope she has 14 kids and lives in a trailer while you marry a surgeon be a stay at home dad and sip alcoholic beverages of your choice at your lake house. Thanks for your service.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
We were never technically an official item, but I went on about 3 dates with a girl named and spelled: "Ryan." It was a barrier I just couldnt get over. She was good looking, cool, you name it, but I couldnt get over the fact that her name was Ryan. My brothers still laugh at that one, they said it was like a real life Seinfeld episode.

Did you tell her that was the reason?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Had a harsh word or two for the gf after she was too cheerful after ISU lost to Baylor in football at JTS in 04 or 05. She cried, expressed her feelings, and I bailed.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
My last girlfriend got ****** at me for multiple psychotic reasons:

Tried to turn me from Republican to Democrat.

Tried to make me quit hunting and fishing.

Demanded I not listen to a song because she thought that I thought of my ex while listening to it.

Told me I watched too much sports and got ****** when I was upset we lost.

Didn't want girls coming to our house parties because I shouldn't be in contact with other girls while drunk while we were dating.

Etc. Etc. I was dumb enough to let this go on for 6 months then broke it off to which she turned into a nasty break up.

Similar political views is an absolute must for me. No way I could disagree with someone on so many levels and be in a happy relationship.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I had a budding relationship end because I was super hungover and peed in the shower rather than the toilet. Come on woman, just because you are in the shower at the same time?

BiggerCy

Jan 6, 2015
Cyclone Alley
Similar political views is an absolute must for me. No way I could disagree with someone on so many levels and be in a happy relationship.
I was talking to a girl this week at school about religion, and she said that she is agnostic, but her boyfriend is muslim. I was thinking to myself, thats gotta get kinda weird. I wonder what's going through her head while he is praying five times a day?

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
When I was in 7th grade I asked a girl out because I'd never had a girlfriend, but then realized that I didn't want to date her so I broke up with her the next day.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Broke up with a girl that was 19 at ISU cuz she was saving herself for marriage. That was fine and all, but her oral skills were so bad. The second time she bit me, I told her it wasn't gonna work out.

Saw her a few years later and she was already divorced and working as a stripper. Took her home and while doing it she just laid there. I bailed fast and that was the last I saw her.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Broke up with a girl that was 19 at ISU cuz she was saving herself for marriage. That was fine and all, but her oral skills were so bad. The second time she bit me, I told her it wasn't gonna work out.

Saw her a few years later and she was already divorced and working as a stripper. Took her home and while doing it she just laid there. I bailed fast and that was the last I saw her.

#toomuch

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Not believing this one.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
I once was set up on a blind date with someone whose name was Berry. That didn't make it past a single date.

I dumped someone after a few weeks because they were shorter than I was.