Friday OT: It's not me, it's you.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Girl dumped me because I didn't visit her while she was on Ragbrai. Even though the closest city was 100 miles away and I worked until 11 that night.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I was casually seeing a girl from my hometown when I was at ISU my freshman year. She was still a senior in high school. I ended the casually seeing eachother with her because she asked me to go to prom.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I dumped a chick because she was constantly texting me and wanting to hang out during my internship. I was extremely busy during that time. I would hang out with her once or twice a week. The 5 or 6 times I didn't, she would go into a rant accusing me of not being interested in her and would finish every rant with "you just come off like you want to break up." So after two weeks of this, I just stopped talking to her period.

This last summer I had a girl break up with me. She was extremely jealous...extremely jealous. So I couldn't ever talk about women. So one night, we were talking about me moving into a new apartment in two weeks. She asked if any girls would ever be there. I said I'm sure a few of my college buddies will hang out if we're having a get together, and then of course, DK, Fitzy's girlfriend, would be over occasionally with Fitzy.

A girlfriends mom in high school told her she thought I was great and all, but that my best friend was even better. I broke up with her because I felt her family was too screwed up.

Girl dumped me because I didn't visit her while she was on Ragbrai. Even though the closest city was 100 miles away and I worked until 11 that night.

Did you close any of these with a "I SAID GOOD DAY"?

Last edited by a moderator:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
well, only dated one guy so no good stories there.

I did catch wind that my sister broke up with a guy because she thought it was abusive that he asked her to start paying for half after several dates.

Ok then.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
In grad school I signed up for match.com and met some girls. One week I went on a first date with two different girls, which I thought was fine as it was just getting to know people at the time. I'm pretty oblivious to things so I went on multiple dates with both of them over the course of the month. In my mind I wasn't officially dating either of them. Anyways, 6 weeks in I realize, holy crap, I'm seriously dating two chicks at the same time, I need to break this off.

Ended up breaking up with the one girl because she loved Napoleon Dynamite, would quote it obsessively to the point where her speech and mannerisms were derived from the movie. I kept thinking it would go away, it didn't. The other girl I ended up engaged and married to, so I guess that worked out.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
While they aren't jaw dropping or incredibly funny, I have gotten into the weirdest dating situations. Now, most I wouldn't call break ups because it happens before being in a relationship but couple that got to relationship status have been weird. One was long distance relationship (about 2 hrs away) that was going perfectly. When I say that, I mean it and she made it apparent she felt the same. There was talk of someone needing to move eventually and what made sense there. Less than a week after she brought that up, she ended it. I never really even got a reason. The only thing I can think of is that she had been in really ****** relationships in the past (which she told me about and they were awful) and it was weird for her to be in one where she wasn't treated like ****. She's now married and from what I gather from others, he isn't all that great to her so that kind of meshes with my theory. Another one I was dating for about 8 months or so and she was doing the thing where she looks at engagement rings. The next week she went to a bachlorette party and decided she didn't know if it was going to work. I had suspicions but no proof so I kind of tried to work it out. It ended and I'm so glad it did. Bullet dodged. Then there was the girl who couldn't date me because her cousin didn't like me for some unknown reason. Another dodged bullet. There was the girl I met online, met up with her once, we both decided we weren't going to work out and then a month later she was engaged. The rest of my stories are all ones that end pre-date but are still just weird. I think I've really only had one relationship just end normally.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
In grad school I signed up for match.com and met some girls. One week I went on a first date with two different girls, which I thought was fine as it was just getting to know people at the time. I'm pretty oblivious to things so I went on multiple dates with both of them over the course of the month. In my mind I wasn't officially dating either of them. Anyways, 6 weeks in I realize, holy crap, I'm seriously dating two chicks at the same time, I need to break this off.

Ended up breaking up with the one girl because she loved Napoleon Dynamite, would quote it obsessively to the point where her speech and mannerisms were derived from the movie. I kept thinking it would go away, it didn't. The other girl I ended up engaged and married to, so I guess that worked out.

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Kip-things-are-getting-pretty-serious.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My sister got dumped in college when she had to have surgery on her ACL from a tennis injury. He didn't like her temporary handicap.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
This girl broke up with me over the phone. She called me up and gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

Reactions: ElephantPie

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I had posted this in a different thread a while ago but search function is my friend so here it is again:

I had been hanging out/going on dates with this girl for about 6 months. We weren't "officially" dating or in a relationship. I was still very much on the fence about her for multiple reasons. She's really into me, but I'm really only interested in hanging out for the time being.

So, Valentine's day was coming up. I ask her if she wants to get dinner. Of course she says yes. I ask her where she'd like to go. She says Lucullan's on Main St is really good and has a nice "date" atmosphere, and they have vegetarian options that she really likes (she is vegetarian). I agree because **** yeah Italian food.

We get to dinner, and I tell her she can get a glass of wine if she'd like. I don't really drink wine, so it's just her that's drinking. She orders the most expensive glass of wine on the menu. I was like, umm, ok. But whatever. When the waitress brings it out, her first reaction is to take one HUGE gulp and exclaim "OH MY GOD THIS WINE IS SO GOOD!" Mind you, this is in a decently nice restaurant, on Valentine's day. Lots of weird looks. She continues to drink the wine at a pretty fast pace and is noticeably buzzing by the time we're ordering our food. #Lightweight

The waitress comes to take our orders. She asks for the Caprese burger. Remember, she's vegetarian. I ask if that's really what she wants. "Yeah, I've had it before. It's really good." Apparently she's making an exception tonight.

The waitress brings our food out. It takes her approximately 2 seconds to say that she can't eat this burger, she thought it was something else. The waitress is frazzled and rightfully so. This girl ordered a burger and was shocked when a burger came out. WTF, right. My date reorders an entirely different item. So we wait for her new meal to come out. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my food, not touching it because bad manners. Finally her new meal comes out. She barely touches it. She filled up on the bread while waiting.

At this point, I am extremely embarrassed and badly wanting to GTFO. I'm sitting here with a drunk vegetarian who ordered a burger, sent the burger back, and now won't touch the second meal she ordered. I gave the poor waitress a 50% tip because I felt so bad.

I broke things off with that girl the next week.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This last summer I had a girl break up with me. She was extremely jealous...extremely jealous. So I couldn't ever talk about women. So one night, we were talking about me moving into a new apartment in two weeks. She asked if any girls would ever be there. I said I'm sure a few of my college buddies will hang out if we're having a get together, and then of course, DK, Fitzy's girlfriend, would be over occasionally with Fitzy.

Fitzy dates Donkey Kong?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I had posted this in a different thread a while ago but search function is my friend so here it is again:

I had been hanging out/going on dates with this girl for about 6 months. We weren't "officially" dating or in a relationship. I was still very much on the fence about her for multiple reasons. She's really into me, but I'm really only interested in hanging out for the time being.

So, Valentine's day was coming up. I ask her if she wants to get dinner. Of course she says yes. I ask her where she'd like to go. She says Lucullan's on Main St is really good and has a nice "date" atmosphere, and they have vegetarian options that she really likes (she is vegetarian). I agree because **** yeah Italian food.

We get to dinner, and I tell her she can get a glass of wine if she'd like. I don't really drink wine, so it's just her that's drinking. She orders the most expensive glass of wine on the menu. I was like, umm, ok. But whatever. When the waitress brings it out, her first reaction is to take one HUGE gulp and exclaim "OH MY GOD THIS WINE IS SO GOOD!" Mind you, this is in a decently nice restaurant, on Valentine's day. Lots of weird looks. She continues to drink the wine at a pretty fast pace and is noticeably buzzing by the time we're ordering our food. #Lightweight

The waitress comes to take our orders. She asks for the Caprese burger. Remember, she's vegetarian. I ask if that's really what she wants. "Yeah, I've had it before. It's really good." Apparently she's making an exception tonight.

The waitress brings our food out. It takes her approximately 2 seconds to say that she can't eat this burger, she thought it was something else. The waitress is frazzled and rightfully so. This girl ordered a burger and was shocked when a burger came out. WTF, right. My date reorders an entirely different item. So we wait for her new meal to come out. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my food, not touching it because bad manners. Finally her new meal comes out. She barely touches it. She filled up on the bread while waiting.

At this point, I am extremely embarrassed and badly wanting to GTFO. I'm sitting here with a drunk vegetarian who ordered a burger, sent the burger back, and now won't touch the second meal she ordered. I gave the poor waitress a 50% tip because I felt so bad.

******* loved Lucallans. Good food that wasn't over the board expensive for a college kid.

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
This video applies to this thread...

[video=youtube;TyfNZs2dPto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyfNZs2dPto[/video]

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My girlfriend I had in college came up to me and told me she was pregnant. She proceeded to end the pregnancy because she didn't want to ruin my career. This just came out of the blue. My first thought was after my detective skills kicked in was to ask her if she had any paperwork of any kind info to prove it. She was around me almost all the time so that really made me realize what kind of story is she was making up here. She him hawed around and just says "that's not the issue here". I couldn't believe the story she made up. That was the last time I talked to here. I returned a bunch of her crap and put it front of her apartment door. Never saw her again.

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015

im just glad you gave her permission to get a glass of wine. You are a true gentleman.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Went on a blind date with a girl last May to an I Cubs game. Things were going alright until the "Kiss Cam" came up. I completely turned the other way, not facing her. She asked me what I was doing, and I said I didn't want to be on the kiss cam during my first date with someone. She got ****** at me and didn't talk to me the rest of the night. Told me the next day that it's obvious that I'm completely embarrassed to be around her because I wouldn't kiss her on the Kiss Cam.