Friday OT - Favorite childhood movies

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
A lot of good ones already mentioned,here's a few more-Mad Max, Escape from New York, The Warriors, Beverley Hills Cop, The Lost Boys, Revenge of the Nerds

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
6 pages and no mention of any Ernest movies?!?!? Ernest Scared Stupid was the best of them all though

Others I watched as a kid:
-The Pest
-3 Ninjas
-Blank Check
-Jurassic Park (Still my favorite movie to this day)
-Star Wars
-Terminator
-The Mighty Ducks

Many others I can not think of right now but would probably be consider lame today...

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Legit Movies: Star Wars, Star Trek II (still very much a favorite), Jurassic Park (my parents wouldn't let me go see it in the theaters when it came out, so I read the book [at age 7] just to show them)

Un-legit movies: Robot Jox (Just rewatched this movie, and it's still freaking awesome. Whole thing is on Youtube!), I'm sure many, many other terrible B-level science fiction movies. Trashy sci-fi is by far my favorite genre.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
First one came to my mind was, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." One of those incredibly long movies that seemed to pop up on commercial tv every once in a while and it seemed I never caught the first 15 minutes or so, but since it was so long, and star-studded, it didn't seem to matter. Of course I remember a time before you could just go to your local video store and rent a VHS movie, so there's that.

I also begged and begged my parents to see "Bonny and Clyde" when it came out. I finally got to see it a couple months after it came out at the local drive-in.

Mostly if we did get to see a movie at the theater it was Dean Jones and/or Flubber, or possibly Don Knotts wishing he was a fish.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron