Friday OT - Demerol Amazoning

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We are out-of-state, so I only have one OT today. If anyone feels like it, feel free to throw out another! This was inspired by another post last week.

What have you purchased while drunk/on pain meds/otherwise inebriated? Tell the story and share the wonder.

As background, as I do photography on the side, I do all of our Parent/Teacher Organization’s photos for my daughter’s elementary school. I don’t want payment for helping the organization that gives so many kids opportunities... so they surprised me with a $150 gift card to Amazon a couple of weeks into the summer.

I spent three weeks agonizing over what to do with the money - I wasn’t allowed to get stuff for the kids or house, it had to be for me.

Anyway. I had major surgery at the end of June, and was in the hospital overnight. They had prescribed Demerol as the pain control med (I am allergic to morphine), but was trying to be a hero and not take it much because it messed me up. After a rowdy visit from about seven people at once, I was exhausted and asked for a dose of Demerol.

I then decided to go spend all of that gift card. I purchased some shoes I had been eyeballing and a mother/daughter necklace set, as well as some odds and ends.

@Mr Janny came home to visit me over lunch the next week. I walked out to the mailbox with him as he was leaving. I found the long, thin, sticky brown box in the attachment. The return address is “My Pen15 Club” (a club I do NOT remember joining).

I opened it up, and remembered ordering the glory that was inside (and had sadly melted). A prayer candle of Canadian prime minister (and pretty boy) Justin Trudeau.

Janny was unimpressed.

Attachments

• 1C87B3F1-F960-4E43-8D37-79B46F17DED0.jpeg
    1C87B3F1-F960-4E43-8D37-79B46F17DED0.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 93
  • 03B6338E-5686-40B7-8984-9CD6C766185E.jpeg
    03B6338E-5686-40B7-8984-9CD6C766185E.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 102
  • B3BF4CEC-1AE0-44EE-8767-87FE867A5A2C.jpeg
    B3BF4CEC-1AE0-44EE-8767-87FE867A5A2C.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 84

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We are out-of-state, so I only have one OT today. If anyone feels like it, feel free to throw out another! This was inspired by another post last week.

What have you purchased while drunk/on pain meds/otherwise inebriated? Tell the story and share the wonder.

As background, as I do photography on the side, I do all of our Parent/Teacher Organization’s photos for my daughter’s elementary school. I don’t want payment for helping the organization that gives so many kids opportunities... so they surprised me with a $150 gift card to Amazon a couple of weeks into the summer.

I spent three weeks agonizing over what to do with the money - I wasn’t allowed to get stuff for the kids or house, it had to be for me.

Anyway. I had major surgery at the end of June, and was in the hospital overnight. They had prescribed Demerol as the pain control med (I am allergic to morphine), but was trying to be a hero and not take it much because it messed me up. After a rowdy visit from about seven people at once, I was exhausted and asked for a dose of Demerol.

I then decided to go spend all of that gift card. I purchased some shoes I had been eyeballing and a mother/daughter necklace set, as well as some odds and ends.

@Mr Janny came home to visit me over lunch the next week. I walked out to the mailbox with him as he was leaving. I found the long, thin, sticky brown box in the attachment. The return address is “My Pen15 Club” (a club I do NOT remember joining).

I opened it up, and remembered ordering the glory that was inside (and had sadly melted). A prayer candle of Canadian prime minister (and pretty boy) Justin Trudeau.

Janny was unimpressed.

That is both hilarious and awesome.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Bought a tobacco pipe and tobacco from some friends because was feeling nostalgic about my grandfather who smoked a pipe. Woke up the next day thinking why the heck did you do that?

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
pen15 club name was making me thing you had some other "device" delivered to you. Would have made Janny feel a little less masculine.

The shape of the box and random stickiness did NOT help matters. I was as aghast as he was at the box!

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Bought a tobacco pipe and tobacco from some friends because was feeling nostalgic about my grandfather who smoked a pipe. Woke up the next day thinking why the heck did you do that?

The smell of a pipe is pure nostalgia!

Reactions: Bobber

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
pen15 club name was making me thing you had some other "device" delivered to you. Would have made Janny feel a little less masculine.
Me too. After looking at the pics I see Angie missed the space bar. Still pretty provocative.

• Funny

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
A friend of mine is a Star Wars memorabilia collector/seller. He is often in the hospital for long periods of time due to cluster headaches. During one hospitalization and under the influence of pain meds, he purchased a bunch of Star Wars stuff. He was no longer allowed to have his laptop while on medication. And he had quite a bit of extra Star Wars stuff at his garage sale that year.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
A few years ago we were on a cruise with one of the ports of call being Costa Maya Mexico. I found a little beach bar in a fishing village about a mile and half down the coast and bought beach passes which included open bar and lunch. Seemed a little spendy but let's just say I got my money's worth and kept the Dos Equis coming all day long.
One of the goals of the trip was to buy some pure vanilla while on the trip as that was the thing to do at that time. On the way back to the ship that day with help from our children, (it was that bad) we stopped in the shops at port to buy some vanilla. Me knowing that you can haggle on price in such places started looking at small bottles of vanilla and commenced a haggle'in. To make a long story short we came home with about a 2 liter bottle of vanilla and I have no idea what I paid for it. It would have been an heirloom bottle handed down for generations had we not heard a few years later that you should not buy vanilla in Mexico and the wife threw it out. It made for lots of good Stories and memories though.

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and Angie

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A few years ago we were on a cruise with one of the ports of call being Costa Maya Mexico. I found a little beach bar in a fishing village about a mile and half down the coast and bought beach passes which included open bar and lunch. Seemed a little spendy but let's just say I got my money's worth and kept the Dos Equis coming all day long.
One of the goals of the trip was to buy some pure vanilla while on the trip as that was the thing to do at that time. On the way back to the ship that day with help from our children, (it was that bad) we stopped in the shops at port to buy some vanilla. Me knowing that you can haggle on price in such places started looking at small bottles of vanilla and commenced a haggle'in. To make a long story short we came home with about a 2 liter bottle of vanilla and I have no idea what I paid for it. It would have been an heirloom bottle handed down for generations had we not heard a few years later that you should not buy vanilla in Mexico and the wife threw it out. It made for lots of good Stories and memories though.

Only thing I could think of after this sentence.

1lth4.jpg

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Janny was unimpressed.
Sounds like Janny is just a bit jealous of Prime Minister Gorgeous?

• Funny