"Friday" OT (a day early) - CFers in the Wild

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I played poker with CW and Brent many many years ago, before CF was even a glint in either of their eyes. They wouldn't remember me, I'm a pretty forgettable guy.

I've seen Haverhill's car around with the plate HAVRHILL or something like that.

Think I've seen that CY HARD plate out here in the Waukee area as well.

Met ISUAggie at a small gamewatch we had many years ago, it was the UNLV game that AA almost led us back to a win in. Think there were a couple of others from CF there but can't remember exactly who.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I played poker with CW and Brent many many years ago, before CF was even a glint in either of their eyes. They wouldn't remember me, I'm a pretty forgettable guy.

I've seen Haverhill's car around with the plate HAVRHILL or something like that.

Think I've seen that CY HARD plate out here in the Waukee area as well.

Met ISUAggie at a small gamewatch we had many years ago, it was the UNLV game that AA almost led us back to a win in. Think there were a couple of others from CF there but can't remember exactly who.
I've seen a car around Ames a couple times with the plates of someone who I believe is a poster on here. Can't remember who, though. Posting name and license plate started with a P.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I forgot about Kagavi. He was really cool to talk to. I wanted the blanked he was selling really bad but I didn't have the money on me.

At the risk of making you jealous, my wife gave me the Kagavi throwback blanket for Christmas. It is awesome. Josh does quality work at everything.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Still not totally convinced any of you CF characters are real so I am unlikely to meet any of you. I mostly picture you all as internet versions of cartoon or comic characters and meeting cartoon characters in real life might be problematic from a mental health perspective.

I did see a young woman gal wearing an ISU backpack at the Twins game yesterday but she looked nothing like a cartoon character so I figured she was just a regular student and not a CF personality. I was in Section 126 Row 10 Seat 16 with a non-CF alumna and none of you stopped by, so more evidence you might not be real. We did wave at some of you when you ran by during the mascot race. I was pulling for the CF'er that looked like the Target dog.

:smile:

ChocolateRain

Jun 29, 2014
ive met a few cfers tailgatin before football games in the parking lot. gave me free beer and said they were members of the site and that its a great site to join for all cyclone stuff. wish i woulda got there names. great guys.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
My wife works with Angie and Mr. Janny. She and my wife stopped by my work once, and I didn't know it was her until later my wife said that was Angie in the passenger seat. I laughed and said thanks for not introducing me.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
I know a couple of guys I work with are on here.... not sure if they are lurkers or full members, but I refuse to ask as to preserve my anonymity.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My wife works with Angie and Mr. Janny. She and my wife stopped by my work once, and I didn't know it was her until later my wife said that was Angie in the passenger seat. I laughed and said thanks for not introducing me.

I didn't want to be weird by calling you by your screen name! :wink: