"Friday" OT (a day early) - CFers in the Wild

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've met cyguytillidie a few times. His friend as well, his username escapes me. And he goes to my parties. Pretty chill.

I met the guy that does the recruitment threads. Or one of the major recruitment threads. Played poker with him at Meskwaki. Cool guy.

319clones or whatever the username is. Had a few classes with him and he goes to my parties. Is/was a football manager. Good guy.

Cysck. He invited me to a tailgate after we talked about colonoscopies on here. I think his son is on here but I can't remember. Met his daughter as well but she's a crummy panther. He's great to talk to.

Other than that, I invite a bunch of you to my parties but you either never come or I don't see you. I don't think I've met anyone else...

Hey now...I have a son, a DIL & a granddaughter that are crummy panthers. I count my blessings...they could be Hawkeyes.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Brent and I wrote columns for the Daily at the same time, but don't recall conversing much outside of when turning my stuff in. I didn't spend a ton of time in the office like most did because I pretty much worked a full time job when not going to class.

Outside of that, I don't think I have. I'm afraid that if we met, you'd hate the rest of your lives because you'd know you'd never meet anyone as amazing and awesome as me again. I'd love to meet some of you, but I'm trying to do this for you!

Maybe at some point Chris can plan a CF get together for everyone and have it in Hawaii.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We would have been there last December if we had know about the tournament sooner. Hubby has to turn in his leave requests in January. By the time we knew about it he couldn't switch to those dates.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Bought tix from Erik once. Nice guy.

Bought tix from Ajk4st8...pretty sure that is what his personalized plate reads too. Nice guy as well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've met quite a few people over the years, away games, game watches, selling and buying tickets.

I met Clones21mom for a night once.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Brent and I wrote columns for the Daily at the same time, but don't recall conversing much outside of when turning my stuff in. I didn't spend a ton of time in the office like most did because I pretty much worked a full time job when not going to class.

Outside of that, I don't think I have. I'm afraid that if we met, you'd hate the rest of your lives because you'd know you'd never meet anyone as amazing and awesome as me again. I'd love to meet some of you, but I'm trying to do this for you!

Maybe at some point Chris can plan a CF get together for everyone and have it in Hawaii with pie.

FIFY.

Never met any of you. I feel lucky you let an old bastard like me post on your lovely site!

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Have you ever run into any other Cyclone Fanatics "in the wild," either on accident or on purpose? Who are they?

I've had a couple in just the last week or two. I ran into our very own Clones85 yesterday. I also saw someone with the license plate "Cy Hard" helping a nice lady by giving her a ride at a gas station here in Ames last week or so, I'm assuming it's CyHard from here (but it might not be).

I've run into many others over the years, probably too numerous to count. Who are yours?
Alas Angie, that wasn't me. Someone has taken my user name for their plates. I am glad though to hear they are helping the elderly and not besmerching my good name here at CF!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Alas Angie, that wasn't me. Someone has taken my user name for their plates. I am glad though to hear they are helping the elderly and not besmerching my good name here at CF!

I'm glad I didn't yell something at him out the window, then! :smile: Now you'll go back to being an enigma.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
CyHipHopp and I work together. We also used to work with CrazyGreg before he got smart and moved on.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've met a lot of you all. Usually alcohol was involved. Not sure what that means.

"Doing it right" is the only thing I can think of.

Never met anyone. I just assume everyone looks like a model that helps orphans and saves animals. It helps me cope with a lot of posts.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Rulzzz
Cash
Cubs
Vikes
CyArob
Chewy
Jordan
cyclones101
clone319
Fitzy
cyguy
other pickup guys

I know who 2015 and Bret are. (not creepy, I promise)

Who ever sold me their ticket to the Baylor game last year
There are a couple others I think I know who they are, and I bet I have come across a lot of you in Ames and the surrounding areas. Would be great to meet more of you.

Last edited:

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
I lived in the Happy Rainbow Commune with SwirlingFloater for a short time in college. :rolleyes:

I'm related by married to intreprid27.

I work with Statsaholic.

And I know KC from my ISU days. I frequently buzz by her office but am usually on a tight schedule and fail to stop in to say hi. I will next time!

I figured out we sit near Eric and cyrevkah at MBB. I was going to bop up and introduce myself but then we missed a ton of games due to parents' health issues and we ended up giving most of our tickets away.