Friday OT #3 - Didn't See That Coming

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
When I lived in Texas, I was asked a lot of strange things about Iowa ...

1) If we had electricity and the internet.
2) If I'd ever had "this kind of food." (It was pulled pork, potatoes, and biscuits)
3) When I was going back .... I was called a "damn Yankee" all the time.

I always tell people that the most frustrating part about living in Iowa was the damn herds of buffalo tearing up the yard and garden.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have a friend who is in her mid-30's, long blond hair, blue eyes, and beautiful ornate tattoos down her shoulder/arm/upper back, and then down her hip/thigh/butt. She grew up in San Diego and likes to get stoned from time to time (all the time). With her being born in the late 80's, I assumed she was into music that fit her appearance. Nope, the girl listens almost exclusively to old-ass Country & Western from the 60's/70's and one of her tats even has George Strait lyrics in it from one of his very first hits.
Did you read the lyrics (if so, where are they) or just take her word on them?

• Love
Reactions: TXCyclones

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I have one of those really likeable, magnetic personalities, so when people meet me in person after having just known me over the phone or email and see that I have pretty much the same look and build of Chris Hemsworth, it throws them a bit.

Well you truly are one of the few Hawks on the board that I think it would be fun to hang with. Sure you give crap during hate week but only in the right threads and that's how it should be and the rest of the time your an interesting poster.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
There have been multiple times I've been stopped wearing an ISU polo or jacket and people have asked what position I played on the football team. I'm 6'2" 270. Do they not realize how huge those guys are?

The answer that toooootally throws them for a loop is place kicker. And my wife gets really annoyed when I play that card.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That's the best they could do? Give me the astronaut, a descendant of the person that invented the computer or Rice Krispies bar, or the Hooters guy. Heck, I participated in the Guinness World Record setting Twister game.
*ahem*
"WE" participated in the Guinness World Record setting Twister game, thank you very much!

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee