Friday OT #2 - Signs, Signs. Everywhere Are Signs

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I just returned from a longish trip (over 1,000 miles across three states) and I had one observation of the vehicles on the road -- if they were driving a newer Dodge Ram, they were going at least 10 miles an hour faster than everyone else, including me, and I set my cruise control at 79. The only exception to the Dodge Ram rule that I saw was a guy in an older model from like the late 80s and he was going like 5 miles slower than everyone else.

My dad (74) drives a newer Ram and the funny thing is I've known no one else that takes their sweet time driving.

But otherwise for me if it's a big truck, there seems to be a trend of an ego that goes with it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In nature animals with very bright coloring are very often poisonous or toxic, the color acts as a warning system.

I assume the same about humans with brightly colored hair just to be safe.

I'm always a little cautious if anyone's wearing 'Pink' brand clothing in the same vein.

Reactions: Aclone and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
In nature animals with very bright coloring are very often poisonous or toxic, the color acts as a warning system.

I assume the same about humans with brightly colored hair just to be safe.

This is the best thing I'm going to read today!

Frog

May 6, 2021
#1-If I'm going to the Mississippi to fish or boat and see a pleasure boat at the launch I immediately believe they are going to take both lanes of the ramp and block it forever getting ready to launch it.

My dad often calls all these boats out on the weekends McHale's Navy every time when we fish together. I will never forget the first time I asked what that meant and heard about several specific "funny" episodes. I'm surprised the show made it on the air but get his point.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Whenever you see a vehicle bopping around town (Ankeny in this case) with the back end completely obscured with gravel dust, there is an extremely high probabity it's a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick or Pontiac with Wayne, Appanoose, Marion or Jasper county plates buried underneath.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
I saw a extended cab with a stupid lift, tires that stuck out about a foot past the wells. Kicker stickers on the window, driver wearing air pods while he drove. His license plate? Black Iowa Vanity “HAVOK”….

• Funny

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Janny has been persuading me to get a big, tough truck like a Ram or something, because he thinks it would be funny as I'm about the last person you'd expect to be driving a big truck as their primary vehicle. (I'm a short suburban mom who would open the door and either rap or indie music would come rolling out, and I would probably cover it in RBG bumper stickers or something.) Certain assumptions are made about truck drivers, for right or wrong.

We had an F250 and I loved driving it. I was not happy when my husband traded it for an F150. I’m almost 5’4” and will have the stereo blasted playing anything from hard rock to rap to 80s music to Phantom of the Opera or other soundtrack music. Some of the looks I get make me chuckle.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Whenever you see a vehicle bopping around town (Ankeny in this case) with the back end completely obscured with gravel dust, there is an extremely high probabity it's a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick or Pontiac with Wayne, Appanoose, Marion or Jasper county plates buried underneath.
Best to also avoid these vehicles in the roundabouts.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The higher the lift on the truck, the smaller the wiener of the owner.

Boy that makes me feel good. I just ordered a new 2022 Ford Maverick, which will be the smallest pickup on the market and gets 40 MPG.

Reactions: Turn2

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
When I see a big, dual cab pickup, that is really shiny and looks like it's never been driven off road in the last 3 years, I usually assume the driver is a self-centered jerk. I know that's not universal, but I've found it to be the case too many times.

Most recently, giant truck in the drive-thru at Culvers refused to pull forward into the center of the "waiting spot" so that he could pull around the guy in front of him on the chance his order came out first. In the process, his very long vehicle made it so that I could barely pull up to the window, and then was unable to pull away because I could not get around him. Heaven forbid he may have to wait an extra 60 seconds!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We had an F250 and I loved driving it. I was not happy when my husband traded it for an F150. I’m almost 5’4” and will have the stereo blasted playing anything from hard rock to rap to 80s music to Phantom of the Opera or other soundtrack music. Some of the looks I get make me chuckle.

I have this feeling we are kindred spirits! :D This is AWESOME!

Reactions: RLD4ISU

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
My dad (74) drives a newer Ram and the funny thing is I've known no one else that takes their sweet time driving.

But otherwise for me if it's a big truck, there seems to be a trend of an ego that goes with it.

I was driving a big pickup, but they were passing me like I was standing still.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
When I see a big, dual cab pickup, that is really shiny and looks like it's never been driven off road in the last 3 years, I usually assume the driver is a self-centered jerk. I know that's not universal, but I've found it to be the case too many times.

Most recently, giant truck in the drive-thru at Culvers refused to pull forward into the center of the "waiting spot" so that he could pull around the guy in front of him on the chance his order came out first. In the process, his very long vehicle made it so that I could barely pull up to the window, and then was unable to pull away because I could not get around him. Heaven forbid he may have to wait an extra 60 seconds!
F-450_coal_rolling_Monster.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's an inverse relationship between carbon footprint and, uh, something important.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok, I rarely drive a pickup but own two. The fuel economy drives me nuts. Maybe that means I’m well endowed?

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Whenever I see a luxury convertible, I'm pretty sure the man driving wears a gold chain necklace and wears a speedo at the pool or beach.

• Haha

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron