Friday OT #2 - Linger On Your Pale Blue Eyes

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For me it isn't anything in particular, but it's anything that is "striking".

Things like crazy dyed hair, tall, lots of tats, tall boots with a short skirt, huuuge... tracts 'o land. Any one of those types of things that can catch my eye and interest.
So.......if you think they are high on the crazy scale, you follow?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Great smile. Blonde hair. But I also have a soft spot in my heart for redheads...

There are so many nice redheads in the world, but I have never been attracted to a single one of them. I don't know why. I think I accidentally imagine potential kids looking like the children from The Adventures of Pete & Pete.

(ETA - THIS IS A JOKE, PLEASE TAKE AS SUCH)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
There are so many nice redheads in the world, but I have never been attracted to a single one of them. I don't know why. I think I accidentally imagine potential kids looking like the children from The Adventures of Pete & Pete.

I had a long relationship with a redhead, in fact I called her "Red". Stupendous highs, and endless lows. There's no middle ground with them.

• Haha
Reactions: Angie

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Skinny legs and big boobs...

But in the spirit of the thread and besides all the obvious stuff that make women attractive...I notice hands. A girl I dated in HS had the most beautiful hands and fingers, perfectly proportioned and terminating in perfect little nails that were exactly the right length (and never painted). Hmm, that seems really creepy after reading it...is that creepy?

The other thing that I might as well share since I'm such a creepo is that I notice when girls with curly hair straighten it. Curly hair is great but I remember when one of my curly haired ISU classmates showed up to studio with straight hair she went from a 7 to a 10, BOOM!

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

I've actually been told something similar before from a girl who I asked out. She basically said I'm a great guy and "attractive", but couldn't get past my red hair. She told me we could be friends but she refused to date a guy with red hair.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I guess at my age I am going to go with gals with good hips and knees and not talking shapely. I have peers that have big trouble getting into my Boxster or even the rear seat of my Audi coupe (discovered this when I drove some friends to a basketball game a couple years back that old peeps shouldn't drive two-doors). :rolleyes:

Back before I became so damn old I seem to remember having a soft spot of for gals with dark brunette hair, to the point of first blind date with CWW#2 thinking "Damn, her hair's pretty light, thought she was brunette."

Last edited:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Skinny legs and big boobs...

But in the spirit of the thread and besides all the obvious stuff that make women attractive...I notice hands. A girl I dated in HS had the most beautiful hands and fingers, perfectly proportioned and terminating in perfect little nails that were exactly the right length (and never painted). Hmm, that seems really creepy after reading it...is that creepy?

The other thing that I might as well share since I'm such a creepo is that I notice when girls with curly hair straighten it. Curly hair is great but I remember when one of my curly haired ISU classmates showed up to studio with straight hair she went from a 7 to a 10, BOOM!

I'm the exact opposite... curly hair is way better than straight hair

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I've actually been told something similar before from a girl who I asked out. She basically said I'm a great guy and "attractive", but couldn't get past my red hair. She told me we could be friends but she refused to date a guy with red hair.

That is horrible! I went out on a few casual dates with a guy who was red-headed after getting to know him as a person, and we might have kept seeing each other if I hadn't started dating someone else seriously! I wasn't initially attracted to him, but personality and such should make up for that?! She just had no way to ever look past it?! That's more than a little vapid.

I used to straighten my hella-curly hair (both chemically and with a flat iron) to fit in with the way society has deemed that everyone has to have straight hair - and my stance since has been "**** that ****." I don't need to change myself and one of the ways that I'm rare to fit in with every other person on earth. Wild, curly hair suits my personality, and I like it. My children both have awesome curly hair, and I've encouraged them both to be "curly hair in a straight hair world" not only with their hair, but also overall.

It helps that my husband also likes curly hair, but he'd just have to deal with it even if not.

• Winner
Reactions: SCyclone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Also sort of hit me because I read that online dating thread and also recently watched that effing awful Bridgerton show... what is your (again PG-13) weakness in a potential mate? A certain style of haircut, a deep laugh, a certain height? What instantly draws your eye to someone?

Definitely go for a DEEP laugh in my women. No?

But on that topic a sense of humor is required. Preferably someone who gets my humor as well. I'm not that handsome so I've gotta be funny. If she doesn't get that, I don't have much of a shot.

Physically, I've always had a preference for the more umm... top heavy?

I had a bad trend of long term relationships with brunettes who in the long run weren't very nice to me.
Now I'm married to a blonde who is very nice to me, so luckily I broke that combo.

I've dated all hair colors though. Red heads are often fun but have a propensity for being a bit mental, in my experience.

• Eggplant

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
That is horrible! I went out on a few casual dates with a guy who was red-headed after getting to know him as a person, and we might have kept seeing each other if I hadn't started dating someone else seriously! I wasn't initially attracted to him, but personality and such should make up for that?! She just had no way to ever look past it?! That's more than a little vapid.

I used to straighten my hella-curly hair (both chemically and with a flat iron) to fit in with the way society has deemed that everyone has to have straight hair - and my stance since has been "**** that ****." I don't need to change myself and one of the ways that I'm rare to fit in with every other person on earth. Wild, curly hair suits my personality, and I like it. My children both have awesome curly hair, and I've encouraged them both to be "curly hair in a straight hair world" not only with their hair, but also overall.

It helps that my husband also likes curly hair, but he'd just have to deal with it even if not.

The funny thing was we got along great personality wise and she even said she would very attracted to me if not for my red hair. Apparently it was a strict deal breaker for her. Oh well, I took that as a cue to remove her from my life and never looked back.

• Winner