Friday OT #2 - If You Leave

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
@Farnsworth provided another killer movie thread idea! What is a movie that relates closely to your life, or that you think has striking similarities?

I had a group of friends that we joked were basically The Breakfast Club in high school (plus, John Hughes).

There have been days in my working career when I wanted to go all Falling Down.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Using only 80's Micheal Keaton movies I'd say a mash up of Mr Mom, Gung Ho and the Dream Team.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyhiphopp and Angie

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I could put high school names on every character from Dazed and Confused.

These Days - Office Space

Unfortunately in high school I would have been one of these two dweebs.
139559136021.png

Though I did play football and wrestle, I was much more adept in band and math/science class. I got a bit cooler in college though.

My life now is much more like this movie unfortunately, though I do like my current job much more than my previous one:
office-space.jpg

Reactions: cyclones500

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
As much as it pains me to put it probably the closest from an initial thought is the husbands role in War Room.

Reactions: Angie

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I was trying to think of a movie that REALLY relates to my life.
One that applies pretty well is Old School, except for the whole starting a fraternity thing.

I married and divorced a shrew, started partying with my friends again WOO, met a nice girl and married her, and then left the bachelor life behind.

That works right?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Unfortunately in high school I would have been one of these two dweebs.
139559136021.png

Though I did play football and wrestle, I was much more adept in band and math/science class. I got a bit cooler in college though.

My life now is much more like this movie unfortunately, though I do like my current job much more than my previous one:
office-space.jpg

I just switched offices a couple months ago and every mother ******* time I touch my doorknob, I get zapped. It doesn’t matter if I’ve touched it 30 seconds before. I’m about to go all Peter Gibbons on it.

It forces me to think of this movie every single day.

Reactions: cyclones500

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I just switched offices a couple months ago and every mother ******* time I touch my doorknob, I get zapped. It doesn’t matter if I’ve touched if 30 seconds before. I’m about to go all Peter Gibbons on it.

It forces me to think of this movie every single day.

I didn't even think of that part of the movie. I get zapped every time I go to the main bathroom on my floor. Where's my wrench!

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
I worked in an office for a few years after college and was expecting to have a life like "The Office" ... unfortunately my boss was not funny and my coworker hated when I pulled pranks on him... oh and our receptionist was a 63 year old woman who had coffee breath so that made falling in love with her incredibly difficult

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I worked in an office for a few years after college and was expecting to have a life like "The Office" ... unfortunately my boss was not funny and my coworker hated when I pulled pranks on him... oh and our receptionist was a 63 year old woman who had coffee breath so that made falling in love with her incredibly difficult

200w.webp

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

My life has basically turned into George Clooney in Up in the Air (except the whole firing people bit). This scene describes it perfectly. Though now it's easier with TSA PreCheck

Reactions: Angie