Friday OT #2 - If You Don't Eat Your Meat...

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I tried those once when I was about 15, At 15 I would eat practically anything put in front of me but I'm not sure how anyone could eat that crap.

Maybe Mountain Dew, I used to drink it all the time, the last time I tried one it was just far too sweet. Haven't touched one in well over 10 years.

Along these lines...Cream Soda. My wife had me pick some up for "kid reward" type stuff when we were hunkered down over Christmas. Kids didn't much care for it (they're A&W Root Beer fans), so I said why not and gave one a try. First sip was a good memory of childhood. Subsequent sips were more like, "yeah, now I remember why I quit drinking this stuff." Way too sweet.

Reactions: Angie

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I used to like peeps when I was a kid. Now the thought of those little marshmallow birds is revolting.
oh man, I made a post on social media about microwaving peeps one time and my wife's family thought it meant I really liked peeps. They got me large volumes of peeps every Easter for about 3 years before I finally told them I hate peeps.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
KFC. With exception to the biscuits.

don't @ me.

Really though went to pick it up when visiting home a few years ago and I couldn't believe how much it cost for such a low quality.

A couple of rotisserie chickens with sides would have been way better for half the price.

• Agree

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@Mr Janny just made fun of me about this one. "You should say Spaghetti-Os... oh, wait, you still eat them."

I have some nostalgia that strikes for Spaghetti-Os about once every two or three years. We buy a can, I eat it, remember they are terrible, and then the cycle repeats again two or three years later. :shrug:

Kraft mac and cheese? Can't stop, won't stop.
Can't stand the sauce in spaghetti-o's but i still love the mini ravioli. And it's probably the same sauce. :oops:

Mac & Cheese has always been a comfort food for me, moreso than ice cream. I'll probably be eating a bowl of it on my death bed.

• Agree

CyChap

Oct 22, 2020
Ketchup. I used to eat it on literally everything. I'm not kidding, if it was edible, ketchup would be put on it. Green Beans, French Toast, Lasagna, I even tried ketchup on cookies and brownies. Now, I can't even eat ketchup with burgers or fries

• Wow
Reactions: oldman

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What are some foods you loved as a child that you can't stand now? I think we've done the flip of this before, but not sure if we've ever done this.

I apparently used to eat cottage cheese like it was my job, but can't stand it now. The texture is horrifying.

What are some of yours?

Ketchup. (i only eat it now if it's mixed with mustard and pickles on a burger, otherwise, nope).
Bread and butter sandwiches.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I still like a bologna sandwich once in a while.

I think it might be nostalgia, going with Mom to take afternoon lunch to my dad when he was doing field work. Apparently, that was an exciting excursion for me at one time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron