Friday OT #1 - Losing My Religion

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I never spend much on sunglass. Got a prescription pair of oakleys just before going to Hawaii. They still live in paradise somewhere.

Reactions: Angie

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Not a lost, but more of a lucky find post:

1. Lost my ID at the very top of Peak 8 at Breckenridge.....Breckenridge calls me when I get home to tell me they found it...I knew a guy that was out skiing after the week I went and he brought it back to me.

2. Lost my ID again at Park City last year. Lost this one off the beaten path through some trees. 30 minutes later, a guy randomly notices a twinkling of something on the snow from the sunlight and goes over to see that it was my ID. The part that really blows my mind was the guy was in my ski group but wasn't with me on the run earlier...just randomly found it!

Not my original story, but speaking of losing IDs. I was about to leave for australia on study abroad in about 2-3 days. I was playing racquetball and someone stole my pants out of the locker at state gym. After trying to expedite getting what I needed back (had my passport), someone called and found the contents of my wallet strewn around 5 blocks of campus avenue. They also made a $1000 donation to unicef in my name (nice).

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie and oldman

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Original message, one pc story, one not so much.

I had this ISU beanie with the pompom thing on top that I absolutely loved and lost somewhere probably 8 years ago. I still look for it to this day. After I lost it I tore up my sister-in-law and friends houses looking for it. Everytime I go to the hat and glove drawer I rummage through it thinking I'll miraculously find it. We've moved 3 times since I lost it and during each move I've looked extensively for it.

In college we were playing circle of death and someone made a rule that ended up having a bunch of dudes balls on the table all at once. There were several pictures taken on my digital camera (aging myself) and we then decided to head to Welch for the night. I ended up dropping the camera somewhere in campustown so now some random person has a camera with pictures of my friends and my balls on it.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
My team captain pins from senior year. Lost them the day I got them. Suspect a jealous friend actually took them then pretended to help me look for them in the grass.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
My $250 Maui Jim sunglasses. I was in the house. They were in my hand. I said to myself, “Put these away now so you don’t lose them”. 10 minutes later I realized that I’d put them somewhere and had no idea where.

the frustrating part is that I must have set them down in an obvious spot but they have never turned up. I have looked everywhere for them. It’s driving me insane.
They will be in the last place you look for them. So just look there. If they're not there then it really wasn't the last place....

• Informative

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I lost my wedding ring while almost getting hit by a car on my bicycle.

It was in winter time, and I was riding across at night. I didn't have lights on the bike then, so it was a little stupid, but I live in a small town that is well lit, so I wasn't that worried.

The street I was on had right-of-way, and a car approached that was required to stop. The car clearly didn't see me and straight up ran a stop sign. I locked up my bike, went flying over the handle bars onto the snow packed street, and got up. I took my gloves off and started patting myself down and inspecting my legs to see if I was bleeding or anything. I put my gloves back on, and continued to my destination.

About 20 minutes after I got where I was going, I realized my wedding ring was gone. It had to have been pulled off when I took my gloves off. I went back to the spot of the accident, but never found it.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I lost my wedding ring while almost getting hit by a car on my bicycle.

It was in winter time, and I was riding across at night. I didn't have lights on the bike then, so it was a little stupid, but I live in a small town that is well lit, so I wasn't that worried.

The street I was on had right-of-way, and a car approached that was required to stop. The car clearly didn't see me and straight up ran a stop sign. I locked up my bike, went flying over the handle bars onto the snow packed street, and got up. I took my gloves off and started patting myself down and inspecting my legs to see if I was bleeding or anything. I put my gloves back on, and continued to my destination.

About 20 minutes after I got where I was going, I realized my wedding ring was gone. It had to have been pulled off when I took my gloves off. I went back to the spot of the accident, but never found it.

Did the driver stop to see if you were okay?