Fred on radio at 9:20 with P Allen

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
A Gopher coach acting above the world and not having a great relationship with the media? I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

Right? PA and Fred are pretty close, and he's had him on for years. He doesn't need to make a "request" to the school to have him on. Simple text and he agrees.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Right? PA and Fred are pretty close, and he's had him on for years. He doesn't need to make a "request" to the school to have him on. Simple text and he agrees.

U of M does so much stuff to alienate themselves from their potential fanbase and then they act surprised that they don't get all this support they feel entitled to. They're like the anti-ISU.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
U of M does so much stuff to alienate themselves from their potential fanbase and then they act surprised that they don't get all this support they feel entitled to. They're like the anti-ISU.
MN market

1 Vikings
2 Twins
3 Packers (Twin Cities is the only market to have a radio show for another NFL team on their flagship station)
4 Wild
5 Wolves
6 Gopher Football
7 Gopher MBB
8 Gopher Hockey

could make the arguement that Gopher Hockey is bigger (more of a following) than MBB.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
MN market

1 Vikings
2 Twins
3 Packers (Twin Cities is the only market to have a radio show for another NFL team on their flagship station)
4 Wild
5 Wolves
6 Gopher Football
7 Gopher MBB
8 Gopher Hockey

could make the arguement that Gopher Hockey is bigger (more of a following) than MBB.

I think you could easily put hockey at the top of Gopher sports. That fanbase is very steady and diehard. FB and MBB might have higher peaks, but those fans will lose interest and jump ship MUCH more quickly if the team isn't on a hot streak.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
MN market

1 Vikings
2 Twins
4 Wild
5 Wolves
6 Gopher Football
7 Gopher MBB
8 Gopher Hockey

Wild Hockey is above Packers. Most Packer fans that live here, are Wild fans.

KezClone

Jun 30, 2006
Roland, IA
MN market

1 Vikings
2 Twins
4 Wild
5 Wolves
6 Gopher Football
7 Gopher MBB
8 Gopher Hockey

Totally nailed it.

#3 bugs me to no end.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Wild Hockey is above Packers. Most Packer fans that live here, are Wild fans.

True, but I feel like there is more talk year round about the Packers than the Wild. People care more about the NFL than they do the NHL as far as year round sports. But I could see switching those two.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Im the furthest thing from a viking fan, but PA is fantastic at what he does...I switched over 3 weeks ago to my iheartradio app during work and listen almost exclusively to KFAN from the Powertrip thru the end of the Common Man....Makes the day go by so quick now!

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN

Gopher FB is on KFAN, but not MBB. Their games are broadcast 1500 ESPN, so maybe Pitino does his interviews on that station.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
True, but I feel like there is more talk year round about the Packers than the Wild. People care more about the NFL than they do the NHL as far as year round sports. But I could see switching those two.

There are rumors the Wild may move. Then Minnie Winny bball would move up a notch.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I don't know why everyone ***** on Iowa SO much. Yes, we beat them and yes they choked away 3 games, but they are actually a really good team. If they learn how to close these games out they will be dangerous. Anybody who thinks they are not that good of a team is naive IMO.

That's sort of the point of us bashers, they won't.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
There are rumors the Wild may move. Then Minnie Winny bball would move up a notch.

I find that hard to believe. They just spent time, money, and energy getting their AHL affliate nearby to Des Moines. I call BS unless you can link to something credible.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Gopher Hockey probably has the most loyal following of any sports entity in the Minneapolis metro... not saying much though.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Gopher Hockey probably has the most loyal following of any sports entity in the Minneapolis metro... not saying much though.

I think that's saying quite a bit actually. Vikings and Wild, and to a lesser extent the Twins, all have very loyal followings in the state/metro despite how much people love to ***** about them. The only pro team that's really struggled to have a foothold is the Wolves.