Feb 25, 2012
Fred calls out Harrison and Doug.
[video=youtube;OroTPvcQNEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OroTPvcQNEI[/video]

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I wish Fred would call them out on a game of Horse as well.....I suppose Dougie McBuckets would lose his M&M Horse sponsorship if he got his butt handed to him by Dreamy.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There's not many people better at social media than Fred

No kidding. Practically every tweet makes you love him even more.

And I also have to say that only Fred could say something like he's the best Ames High former player and I wouldn't be annoyed because he sounded arrogant. ;)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
is this the celebrity version of the jump in the cold lake for cancer or something all the kids were doing this spring?

Because I just saw Tim McGraw do this same ice bucket challenge.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
is this the celebrity version of the jump in the cold lake for cancer or something all the kids were doing this spring?

Because I just saw Tim McGraw do this same ice bucket challenge.

There are a lot of these things going around. There was one that was Chilling for Charity that went around about a month ago (lots of Iowa State people did it---including Jamie Pollard). As an aside, Jamie challenged Murphy and Andy and they challenged Harrison Barnes who decided not to do the water dump and do the donation.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I love how he doesn't know what to do with his hands in any commercial/video he's in.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I love how he doesn't know what to do with his hands in any commercial/video he's in.

dff37c9c0ac5a9ca9913abdb6174bbc969f004bcd9f38b0d12ee39cdb6d9cb07.jpg

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
now Dale Jr. just did it as well.

Hoiberg and the hands - I guess we can safely conclude that he is exactly 0% Italian.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
For once, someone actually talks about ALS when doing the ice bucket challenge! These videos are so annoying since 9 out of 10 of them don't even mention anything about the disease.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I always wonder the accounting on these....meaning, when folks say they donate, do they?

When my fb feed was filled with folks jumping into lakes in the cold weather, I thought the same thing...I don't think a lot of them probably cut a check.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I always wonder the accounting on these....meaning, when folks say they donate, do they?

When my fb feed was filled with folks jumping into lakes in the cold weather, I thought the same thing...I don't think a lot of them probably cut a check.

The whole premise of it is really dumb. When people do the ice bucket challenge they're basically saying "I'm not going to donate, but I'm going to call out three people and they have the choice of doing the challenge within 24 hours or donating $100 to research (in most cases, they don't even mention the disease)." People almost always choose to dump a bucket of ice water on their heads instead of actually donating money. I remember seeing three or four videos in a row and not one of them said "ALS" or "Lou Gehrig's Disease" once. I wanted to punch a hole in my computer screen.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Donations to the ALS Association are up by a massive amount though. So the publicity is definitely helping.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny

I saw a story this morning and I think it said that in the last 2 weeks they've raised over 5 times what they raised during the same time period last year because of this thing.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
The whole premise of it is really dumb. When people do the ice bucket challenge they're basically saying "I'm not going to donate, but I'm going to call out three people and they have the choice of doing the challenge within 24 hours or donating $100 to research (in most cases, they don't even mention the disease)." People almost always choose to dump a bucket of ice water on their heads instead of actually donating money. I remember seeing three or four videos in a row and not one of them said "ALS" or "Lou Gehrig's Disease" once. I wanted to punch a hole in my computer screen.

....except for the 150,000 people that have donated $5.5M in the past few weeks. why don't you donate instead of punching your computer.

More than a week after the Ice Bucket Challenge first went viral, people keep dumping ice on their heads, and the ALS Association keeps collecting money. The organization’s national office has received $5.5 million for Lou Gehrig’s disease research since July 29, compared to $32,000 in the same period last year.
ALS Association spokeswoman Carrie Munk said earlier this week that the organization is “thrilled and completely amazed” at the sum they continue to raise and the public awareness the campaign has generated. Nearly 150,000 new donors have given to the cause as of Thursday.