Fran McCaffrey new Transfer Portal Move

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What’s hilarious is that they (iowa) didn’t see how much WRNL would thrive off a reaction from them like that. And how much WRNL would make sure the world knows what happened.

The Hawkeye PR department is truly a great wonder of the world.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
So here's what is actually sad about this.

They have an instant and aggressive legal response to a satire article, but can't seem to comply with basic HR laws that have been on the books for years.

Where was the instant legal response to the MULTIPLE gender discrimination incidents? Where was the aggressive response to the racial discrimination complaints in the football program? It's unfathomable.

It's all about those who are registering the complaint. Is the person complaining a woman, minority, or student? Or is the person complaining a multi-millionaire that coaches the football or men's basketball team? One group is heard, the other is ignored.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
What do the targets of something like this, Connor and Fran here, actually think about something like this? Infuriating? Mildly aggravating? Indifference? That's hilarious? I think Connor's Twitter reaction was pretty much perfect.

Hard to put myself in the shoes of something like this. I hope I would laugh like hell but I'm not sure.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That last comment 'we'll just keep winning here in Iowa City' was a good one.

What did they win? Is being better than a 2 win team something to hang the hat on?

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
If I was a lawyer, I'd offer my services here pro bono. Excellent publicity opportunity