• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Fran may be a spaz on the sidelines, but Paul had one winning season. They aren't even comparable from a coaching perspective.
Nor from the content of their characters. Throwing chairs and swinging at refs is more than just being a spaz. Fran is an unmitigated a$$hole. The behind-the-scenes embarrassment with Dolph shows it as well.

EDIT: As does a$$hole Fran's recent suspension and fine. And it appears, based on comments from his children and stories about his wife, that apples don't fall far from the tree.

Last edited:

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
PR was liked by the athletic dept & donors. Fran is not liked by everyone within the Hawk community.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Rhoads is a good man who doesn't deserve to be slandered like that.

I agree Paul is a very good man but he was a lousy head coach and probably never will be a head coach again...anywhere for any football program that is Division One

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I guess I'm commenting more on Steve. He needs to own this series before it's wise to make fun of the other coach's skills, IMO. If Fran sucks, and Steve is 2-2 vs him, what's that say about our guy?

What that sez is that Steve Prohm is not Fred Hoiberg who owned the choke eyes but that doesnt mean that Steve Prohm isnt a good to great basketball coach...time will tell my friends

Go Cyclones (please do not lose to the Drake Bulldogs)

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think Rhoads was passionate, probably too passionate. And a seemingly good guy.

Fran is a hot-head, and seems like a terrible human being.

I could imagine having a beer with Rhoads. If I was out with Fran, I'd probably go to the bathroom and sneak out the window.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Fran may be a spaz on the sidelines, but Paul had one winning season. They aren't even comparable from a coaching perspective.

Lol is this serious? Rhoads went to 3 bowl games in 7 years. Fran has gone to 2 tourneys in 8 years

When you break it down to post season success it's pretty similar. It's also a lot easier to have a winning record in basketball when you play the OOC schedule filled with cupcakes.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
He has a good team this year. It's probably time to cool it with all the "Fran sucks lol" posts until Prohm can muster a plus winning percentage against him.
Just because they had a good game against us doesn't necessarily make them a good team this year. I highly doubt they remotely play this well the rest of the season. If they do, fine...give the Osmonds their award then. But I'm reserving judgement on them.

Reactions: peteypie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I guess it says Prohm has a Sweet Sixteen, three NCAA wins, and a Big 12 tourney championship while Fran has whatever Fran accomplished during that time. One NCAA win?

Yeah but two brothers from Bettendorf??

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He has a good team this year. It's probably time to cool it with all the "Fran sucks lol" posts until Prohm can muster a plus winning percentage against him.
Prohm has a conference tournament championship, sweet sixteen appearance, and has run circles around Fran in recruiting. **** off.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Prohm has a conference tournament championship, sweet sixteen appearance, and has run circles around Fran in recruiting. **** off.
But they commented last night how they don't recruit against each other. No ****, we recruit good bball players, Fran recruits iowa and legacies

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I guess I'm commenting more on Steve. He needs to own this series before it's wise to make fun of the other coach's skills, IMO. If Fran sucks, and Steve is 2-2 vs him, what's that say about our guy?

So you also think Kirk sucks too, right?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron