Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My list:
1. FSU (I wish I could end it here)
2. Alabama
3. Iowa (only because we play them once & they are non-con & even with his addition, they still are heavily lacking at PG)
4. BU - I like Drew, but we face them 2 (maybe 3 times) a year. And it's BU - a completely degenerate institution that should have been kicked out of the Big 12 at the end of the Briles era.
I was just coming in here to say, I'd rather he chose Iowa than Baylor

Reactions: kentkel

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
The guy drives just a regular F150. You walk into the building and you are taken back to the 70’s. Guy is one heck of a ping pong player. They have a table in their conference room. I remember going through a lot of germ plasm and having to discard a lot of seed because of the parentage for the company I used to work for. He made a ton of money on royalties!!
I occasionally see a Lamborghini driving down Hwy 44 near Dallas Center and was told it is him. Also heard that he owns four of them. Such an odd thing to see amongst the pickups and SUVs using that road.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Let's play the hypothetical for a moment and imagine this Nelson were to pick Iowa. He is probably not as good as Kris Murray, who with essentially the same returning cast couldn't do Jack squat. It would be a great win in the portal for Fran, which is unprecedented, but it isn't going to do a whole lot for them aside from move them from the bubble to definite ncaa tournament team via 7-11 seed

Reactions: Cyclone06

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Let's play the hypothetical for a moment and imagine this Nelson were to pick Iowa. He is probably not as good as Kris Murray, who with essentially the same returning cast couldn't do Jack squat. It would be a great win in the portal for Fran, which is unprecedented, but it isn't going to do a whole lot for them aside from move them from the bubble to definite ncaa tournament team via 7-11 seed
I would put him maybe just as good as Kris Murray, but he really isn’t battle tested against Big 10 competition. But I do agree, it’s not going to make Iowa final 4 contenders or anything Iike that.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Fran and Iowa fans whining about mid major kids being run by agents and being offered big money is even funnier knowing they're after Nelson. He's the biggest mid major fish in the pond, if they were ever in the running, they had to have been offering a huge bag.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fran and Iowa fans whining about mid major kids being run by agents and being offered big money is even funnier knowing they're after Nelson. He's the biggest mid major fish in the pond, if they were ever in the running, they had to have been offering a huge bag.
Iowa seems to only go after the most prominent transfers and then their fans are shellshocked when the high profile player chooses elsewhere. Also they rarely seem to be contacting many middle tier players as well. It’s like guys who are 100% going to choose Iowa because it’d be their best P6 offer, or it’s a top 5 transfer in the nation who maybe strings them along for a bit.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would put him maybe just as good as Kris Murray, but he really isn’t battle tested against Big 10 competition. But I do agree, it’s not going to make Iowa final 4 contenders or anything Iike that.

There are those who will feel that Iowa has had a Final Four-caliber team every season over the last 40ish years if it weren't for that lousy 'playing the actual games' deal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron