Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Here's a good question for you all to ponder. Would you take Fran over any B12 coach to lead your program going forward?
Tang has zero HC experience and every other HC other than Boynton has coached in atleast the S16.
I'm pretty sure I would take Trent Johnson over Fran. At least he behaved like an adult when he was getting bent over by the rest of the Big 12.

Reactions: CycloneVet

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
HerkyFan is still triggered as of 3:00 pm today.
Herkyfan: Yet I still run circles around you. Dizzy yet trying to keep up?

Tylerl_28: I’ve seen pics of you…you haven’t done any running for a long, long time.

El. Oh. El. When your fellow fans are going off on you like that it should probably tell you something.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Here's a great post from HR

"It's a lot like how people viewed Iowateam last year. Although we all knew that he'd be good, NO ONE expected Keegan Murray to be a consensus All American. Losing Kris, too, would hurt, but Iowa has some pretty good players coming back and new kids coming in. I wouldn't put them down before we see them play together. They will have the ability to defend and score. It's how well the gel as a team, especially on defense, that will determine how far they can go."

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...5-in-the-transfer-portal.390205/post-10129821

They have the ability to defend and score? Do they? If Kris leaves, they are losing well over 50% of their scoring from last year, and are replacing it with.... Who? No new faces other than two freshman guards, (one with a broken leg)
Who else is picking up the slack? Big Apple Butter? Lip Macrotcha? Sandcastle? Mulva? Connor?

How much more can you expect out of PMAC?

They better pray that Kris comes back, and that he has the same jump that his brother did.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

"It's a lot like how people viewed Iowateam last year. Although we all knew that he'd be good, NO ONE expected Keegan Murray to be a consensus All American. Losing Kris, too, would hurt, but Iowa has some pretty good players coming back and new kids coming in. I wouldn't put them down before we see them play together. They will have the ability to defend and score. It's how well the gel as a team, especially on defense, that will determine how far they can go."

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...5-in-the-transfer-portal.390205/post-10129821

They have the ability to defend and score? Do they? If Kris leaves, they are losing well over 50% of their scoring from last year, and are replacing it with.... Who? No new faces other than two freshman guards, (one with a broken leg)
Who else is picking up the slack? Big Apple Butter? Lip Macrotcha? Sandcastle? Mulva? Connor?

They better pray that Kris comes back, and that he has the same jump that his brother did.
The post before that one is great too. Expecting Mulva, Big Grapes, and 25 year old Rebecca to take their game up a couple of notches and they'll be just fine.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

It will be the PatCon show. CMac averaging 7 assists/game drive Patricks 20pt/game average. Not to mention all the things that don't show up in the box score. This is the season FranMarg has been focusing on for years. He just has to make sure he finishes driving off Kris so he doesn't suck up Patricks points.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math