Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Fran shooting for Prohms record right now. That's a no from Fardaws, Theo, Osun, Mitchell, that kid from Indiana who's name I forget, DJ Burns, and now Mitchell. Anyone I'm missing?

Fran's really running out of time and options. I know they were pushing for a visit from the St Bonaventure big we're also interested in.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Apparently Barta is JUST now figuring out NIL's are a tool to lure away good transfes. NO **** SHERLOCK.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Was listening to Chad ball wash Iowa hoops last night on KXNO and they talked a lot about Kris. Basically the consensus among the Iowa Fan Boy media is that he comes back and has a blow up season just like his brother. "they are the same player".... They never once discussed his age as far as next years draft goes, that can't be ignored and it does matter.
Or he get's hurt and costs himself a lot of money.
S0H.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I like the Murray kids and hope they make a ton of money but I think Kris really should take a hard look at leaving. Fran isn't going to do crap for his career. Go get paid. He's the genetic clone of a lottery pick, teams will eat that up.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Kakert was on the radio this morning. He’s still saying that Kris really wants to come back, be the man, and then use a huge year to propel himself to the NBA. So we’re all supposed to believe that he’s a lottery pick just like his twin brother, but it’s just taking him one more year to prove it?! I mean come on this makes absolutely zero sense and no one in the Iowa sports media will acknowledge it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Kakert was on the radio this morning. He’s still saying that Kris really wants to come back, be the man, and then use a huge year to propel himself to the NBA. So we’re all supposed to believe that he’s a lottery pick just like his twin brother, but it’s just taking him one more year to prove it?! I mean come on this makes absolutely zero sense and no one in the Iowa sports media will acknowledge it.
You don’t see many age 23 season lottery picks

StagecoachMike

Mar 24, 2021

That sounds good in theory, but good luck getting the ball away from the McCafferys. Or good luck in getting a decent pass from them.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Well, my twin brother was All-State runner in high school. I quit the team after two weeks. I was All-Conf in basketball, he couldn't make a layup. So, you know, Kris will for sure duplicate Keegan's improvement and game since twins are exact copies.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I like the Murray kids and hope they make a ton of money but I think Kris really should take a hard look at leaving. Fran isn't going to do crap for his career. Go get paid. He's the genetic clone of a lottery pick, teams will eat that up.
It’s most likely my ISU bias, but I’m not convinced Keegan will be an NBA player.
I think he’ll do fine in the combine and will probably be a lottery pick, but I think NBA forwards will eat him up.

Having said that, if that happens being a “clone”, will all of a sudden be a huge negative for Kris.

I’ll predict Kris isn’t drafted next year, and never sniffs the NBA if he comes back to Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron