Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Say whatever you want about Fran (he deserves it) but this kid would put up big numbers playing for him.

With this kid though, he's already put up big numbers, I'm guessing he wants to win. There are other teams on his list that would give him a better shot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Say whatever you want about Fran (he deserves it) but this kid would put up big numbers playing for him.

With this kid though, he's already put up big numbers, I'm guessing he wants to win. There are other teams on his list that would give him a better shot.
The team problem with putting up big numbers is you'll put up zero defense at Iowa. You are right if he wants to win, he needs to look somewhere else.
KU played great defense at the end of this year for example without a typical stacked 5 star roster.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
thing is who is Fran’s fall back if he can’t beat the Blue Bloods for his services. (History would suggest not)
I haven’t seen EIU connected with other major transfer targets.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
"Utah Valley transfer Fardaws Aimaq tells ESPN he’s been focused on Kentucky, Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Washington, Houston, Arkansas, Iowa, Arizona and Texas. Averaged 18.9 points and 13.6 rebounds this past season, two-time first-team All-WAC selection and two-time WAC Defensive POY."

OK, if Mad Fran can pull this one off, I think I'm willing to change the narrative on him. Something like, despite his many faults and unlikeable attributes, the guy can get recruits!

• Haha
Reactions: psychlone99

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
"Utah Valley transfer Fardaws Aimaq tells ESPN he’s been focused on Kentucky, Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Washington, Houston, Arkansas, Iowa, Arizona and Texas. Averaged 18.9 points and 13.6 rebounds this past season, two-time first-team All-WAC selection and two-time WAC Defensive POY."

OK, if Mad Fran can pull this one off, I think I'm willing to change the narrative on him. Something like, despite his many faults and unlikeable attributes, the guy can get recruits!
Yeah, that would be a major get for him. Seems unlikely that he'll reel him in considering the competition, but stranger things have happened, I guess

Ayagi

Sep 27, 2021

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Conner is coming back?!?!?!

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
thing is who is Fran’s fall back if he can’t beat the Blue Bloods for his services. (History would suggest not)
I haven’t seen EIU connected with other major transfer targets.

So far I've only seen him and a guy from Indiana. Cant find back who that was though

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Nunge seemed to always be injured. When he played, he usually produced and showed a ton of upside.
Garza - If you couldn't see mass improvement in Garza, then I don't know what to say.
White - Was a solid player every year and I would take a whole team of those kind of guys.
Basbee - No clue who this is.
JBo- Improved his ball handling a ton from year to year. First couple of years I was afraid of him bringing the ball up against pressure, last two years I was completely comfortable with him doing so.
Murray's - Give Fran credit for seeing something in them that no one else did.

I'd call that serendipity. Sometimes in life you can fail forward.