Fran losing multiple players!

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
It’s normally not a big deal to lose guys like Numge and Frederick. However, Fran basically ignoring the transfer portal is borderline insane. Most teams can go out and get a couple players as good as those two and would. Fran is not gonna do it

• Winner
Reactions: ClockHawk69

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Nunge left as well, and the assumption is Weiskamp will not be back assuming he gets drafted

It's less about Weezy get drafted. More about him graduating early, getting married and not wanting to return for his senior year to a complete rebuild. He's a guy who if not drafted could either make a run at the G league or have a 10 year career in Europe making A LOT of money. I think he can be an NBA player. JUst has to get as far away from Fran as possible

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
nothing would please me more to see Iowa have one of their better seasons (while still failing to make it to the sweet 16) and going back to irrelevancy the following year
There is absolutely truth to the fact that Fran manages the program like a mid major. He basically only recruits low to mid 3 star guys that will be in the program for 4 years. Every so often he gets that diamond on the rough that turns out to be a all conference type player.
Every 4 years they "peak" after he builds the roster around a couple seniors. Then they fall back to the middle of the Big 10 while he tries to find the next "diamond".

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's less about Weezy get drafted. More about him graduating early, getting married and not wanting to return for his senior year to a complete rebuild. He's a guy who if not drafted could either make a run at the G league or have a 10 year career in Europe making A LOT of money. I think he can be an NBA player. JUst has to get as far away from Fran as possible

Leaving would seem like a bad option for him now. I'd either roll the dice on being the only decent player on Iowa next year and putting up big numbers, or transfer somewhere bigger. He's always struck me as a guy who is being misused and could be an NBA level player in the right opportunity.

• Haha
Reactions: DBQR4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron